Advanced Search

Sheepshead

Recent Forums Main Forum Sheepshead

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fuceye
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

Hell o all.

new (we) owner…here.

i have a griptillian mini sheepsfoot cpm 20cv on the way. Just wondering if anyone has use the (We) for a sheepsfoot blade here is a pic

The edge can be a very large place to find one's self.The trick is to think small.

Attachments:
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hahah, I’ve been doubting to buy this knife as well (without the Spyderco hole). The Griptillian comes close to my ideal EDC, only I hated the plastic handle material and wasn’t fond of the steel. But this version has a nice handle and great steel.

Congrats with your WE, by the way and welcome to the forum!

The WE will work fine on this knife, I think. What in particularly would you like to know on using it on a sheepsfoot profile?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hell o all. new (we) owner…here. i have a griptillian mini sheepsfoot cpm 20cv on the way. Just wondering if anyone has use the (We) for a sheepsfoot blade here is a pic

Welcome! I’ve done a number of these knives on the WE and they came out great. You shouldn’t have any troubles with it.

-Clay

Fuceye
    Participant

Hell o all. new (we) owner…here. i have a griptillian mini sheepsfoot cpm 20cv on the way. Just wondering if anyone has use the (We) for a sheepsfoot blade here is a pic

Welcome! I’ve done a number of these knives on the WE and they came out great. You shouldn’t have any troubles with it.

This knife comes in 3 versions for the blade in the cpm 20cv.a drop point and sheepsfoot. The sheepsfoot comes in a convex and hollow grind. As for the g-10 handle I will put up with it till I want to buy something different…(the one thing I do like about the griptillian series ) you can change out the handles if you want . I was thinking of just making my own some day…but till then I will just punish this set….

The edge can be a very large place to find one's self.The trick is to think small.

Attachments:
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

FYI, “Sheepshead,” (not to be confused with “sheepsfoot”) is a card game we play here in eastern Wisconsin.  I’ve found the same game with different names on a number of German web sites.  The story we’re told is that name “schafkopf” originally referred to the head of a keg on which three, four or five players could play their cards.  I think that  It’s a fairly fast, dynamic game.  Lots of fun.  Look up “schafkopf” on google.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Fuceye
    Participant

Arrived and sharpened…

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Wow, that turned out beautifully!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.