Advanced Search

Scissors

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

Hi Clay and Bob,
    I know you guys are working on a system for scissors and serrated blades.
    Quick question:
    On the scissors, would it be able to sharpen hair convex scissors? as well as sheers?

I keep getting the question “do you do hair scissors” and after looking a bit deeper, realized hair scissors are convex.
    I’m guessing if clamped in any way, multi angles and same convex knife theory would apply along with strops.

BTW, nice new site, forum, and thank you both for all the help with the system! It’s pretty tight now 🙂

zig

Ziggy
    Participant

ttt

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 80

I also have a good opportunity to get into hair dresser’s scissors. I would love to see an attachment in the near future that can handle them.

Allgonquin
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 51

The barbers where I go (and there are hairdressers as well) all use scissors with replaceable blades. When they get dull they just pop a new pair of blades on there. The blades look disposable rather than made to be sharpened.

Rgds,

Ziggy
    Participant

The barbers where I go (and there are hairdressers as well) all use scissors with replaceable blades. When they get dull they just pop a new pair of blades on there. The blades look disposable rather than made to be sharpened.

Rgds,

Allgonquin,
    Looked into it a bit hair stylists carry high end scissors in the $100 plus range.
    They pay around $35 per pair for sharpening and each has multiples.
    Not a bad gig but your working with some delicate cutters.
    Seems the high end ones are convex on one side, with a bit of a twist I believe to some that forces the blades tighter as they close.

The machines they use to sharpen these are complex using sanding pads and articulating arms and not cheap!

I’m thinking the WEPS with the right attachment may allow you to treat them just as you would a convex knife, setting multi angles.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We’re working on something specifically for those salon scissors. The proof of concept is complete and tested very well, just need to refine some of the details. The biggest issue is whether to try and adapt the design to our existing stones which is complicated or to go with a stone size that fits the application better.

-Clay

Ky Sturges
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Any update?

Wayne Beatty
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 20

This is something I would pay for, I really am looking forward to it and looking at the number of views this thread has…. I’m not the only one.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I know, I know …:silly: It’s definitely on the list and I thought I’d have it done ages ago. It’s crazy how long each of these things takes. Still, I hope to tackle it soon.

-Clay

Wayne Beatty
    Participant

Just My take here Clay, You Had an idea and you turned it into a reality. I love your product, everyone Ive dealt with on the phone has been pleasant and more importantly said what they would do and then did what they said. I have the up most respect for what you’ve done. Keep up the Great Work.

Randy Calkins
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 7

Back to the top you go!

I can’t count number of times I’ve been asked if I do scissors and have to tell them not with current system. Any news of this aspect of the WEPs system?

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Have you tried putting wedges behind the scissor blade so that you can increase the angle to 60+Ëš. I am waiting for my WE but if I only had a WE that is what I would do . Tilers use plastic wedges these may well be what is required otherwise wait for Clay to crack it he will !!

Wayne Beatty
    Participant

I to am waiting with baited breath

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.