Advanced Search

Scandi edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Scandi edge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

any advice on sharpening/polishing a scandi edge. Working on an Esee RB3 camplore. Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    Justin Fournier
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 54

Use tape to protect the handle if you care about keeping it scratch free. Check it frequently. Take your time. It’s a lot of edge to deal with, in particular if you care about scratch marks. Personally, if you plan to do a lot of push cutting, keep the same alignment. Unless you are going all out and plan to polish it. Then go nuts. Share some pics after!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Best advise Joseph, Settle in and get comfortable you will be there a while. LOL  2 mora’s were responsible for breaking in my first set of 50/80 grit stones. That is a huge amount of metal to remove just to sharpen them properly. Be very careful to get your angle correct on every stone as well. With that big of a bevel if your angle is off as little as .15 a deg. or so you can create yourself a lot of extra work. I suggest marking the bevel with a sharpie between every stone and taking care at the start to get it right. This will potentially save you a lot of time and don’t ask me how I know this. HAHA

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.