Advanced Search

Roll Call Map

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Roll Call Map

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Just added myself.
    That makes 3 in Australia.
    Cheers

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Just added myself.
    That makes 3 in Australia.
    Cheers

Welcome aboard! Ask all the questions you want? Everyone here is very willing to help!

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Welcome; the Australian contingent looks as if it about to pass Europe in members . I bet Clay is happy to see his creation going global.

John Genovese
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 35

It is fun to see where everyone lives.

Welcome!

Matthieu Methot
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 9

I’m in.

Kennith Chan
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 41

I am in. Toronto, Canada. Thought there would be more Canadians…

Tomas
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 11

Done, first in the Netherlands. My WE came in today, just made a nice dutch oak base. Will introduce my self in a minute….. 🙂

Tomas
    Participant

Done, first in the Netherlands. My WE came in today, just made a nice dutch oak base. Will introduce my self in a minute….. 🙂

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Done, first in the Netherlands.

Yeah, you thought so :-). Unfortunately this site “forgot” my registration.

But welcome to the forum! What did you make your oak base of?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Tomas
    Participant

I knew :cheer: I had seen your name on the dutch messenforum including that avatar.
    Thanks, just stepped in WE world. Been sharpening my knives for over 15 years know. I was mainly using the ceramic rods and stones of Spyderco.
    recently I wanted a more sophisticated system and finally I chose the WE. The main reason for choosing the WE is the fact that I can fix the knife edge up and work it two sides at a time.
    I chose the basic set with the 100/200 and 400/600 and coming time I will learn and try it out.I will purchase more stones.

I made the base of oak (to answer your question) I just mounted the WE on it after I applied two layers of Danish oil on the wood. 😛 I will post some pics coming week.

Cheers,
    Tomas, new enthousiast user :silly:

Gary
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

Hello,
    My name is Gary, I live in the Central Coast area of [strike]Kaliforniastan[/strike] I mean California. I’m a fully grown man with a wife, two sons (late teen) and a fetish for sharp things that stretches back as long as I can remember. I’ve run the gamut of Arkansas and Washita stones to Lansky systems to Spyderco sharpmaker to DMT hones and just about everything in between. I’ve tried strops in the form of barber strop, belt strop, purchased strop, green compound, white compound, and wet/dry sandpaper strops on mouse pads.
    In my never ending, and ever burning desire to figure out how to get all my edged implements (pocket knives, hunting knives, field knives, axes, tomahawks, chisels, machetes and etc.) as sharp as the material will allow, I’v landed here at Wicked Edge. I made an acquaintance today who is a member here on the forum, and who encouraged me to join, read, learn, and, well, probably end up buying…

This Wicked Edge screams to the OCD blade loving inner child in me. Whoops, sorry, that’s California talking… :whistle:

I’m looking forward to being involved here.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Gary!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Big welcome to the forum Gary ! You WILL NOT be disappointed in the edges attained using the WEPS system as you will get insane, screaming sharp edges, I guarantee.

I have had my propack 2 system for less than a year now, and am still amazed every time I sharpen anything. Good luck digesting the info, and if I can, I would suggest getting the most system you can afford to start off with, as you will quickly want to add more and more stones, and to be honest, this isn’t the cheapest system out there, but is IMHO……………….The Absolute Best ! :cheer:

Gary
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

Thanks fellas. The amount if information is pretty overwhelming. Though I already need the Pro-Pak II, the small angle adapter, and the recurve blade ceramic hones… That’s right about a full paycheck….

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Done, good to see folks in Cali!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.