Advanced Search

Private Messages (PMs) are temporarily unavailable

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Forum Usability Notes and Requests Private Messages (PMs) are temporarily unavailable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Apologies, but the updates today introduced a hiccup in PMs. We’ll work to get them repaired and back available as soon as possible.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

It’s looking like our best option is to move to a different PM service within WordPress.

• IF… we can’t import your history of PMs into the new service, how much of a problem is this?
      • Please note that you may have some or all of your previous PMs as email notifications.
    • Why do this?
      • To achieve faster page loads, by ditching the UserPRO plugin that provides our PMs and some other features.

Please let me know your thoughts. I think it makes sense to make this move soon, unless any deal-killers arise.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Do what’s best for you and our Forum

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I personally don’t have a problem with previous PM’s disappearing, but it would be nice if you could give us a warning a few days ahead, so we can save the ones we don’t want to lose. (A simple copy-paste into a Word-document would solve the problem for me, I think.)

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.