Advanced Search

Pics of recent knife work

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Pics of recent knife work

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Also huge congrats Josh, I love how you just wheeled that bad boy right in! Looks like it was a tight squeeze there for a sec? hehe 😛

Doubling down on the cant wait for you to give us a virtual tour or something. So much room in there to do different things.

Nothing in the World quite like being self employeed and making strides forward with your business. Hats off to you man… B)

Well I didn’t wheel that thing in there… it was a one man show, the delivery guy backed it in, unloaded it and put the blocks in it with practically no help. It was amazing to see that’s for sure!

Josh
    Participant

So how about our pig we slaughtered last fall that we sealed and put in the freezer, we just took out Wed. and began curing the second serving of BACON mmmmm! hehe. first, packed it w/ salt/pepper/maple syrup for a few days. Then today, I smoked it until it reached 155F. Next, cut it up into nice thin slices… however, I needed a nice thin edged knife to do it that had a wicked edge 😉 so I reground our big knife as the edge was getting a little thick (to about .004″) and put a 15 dps edge on it with the Wicked Edge – handled it NICE

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Looks yummy! Hosting an inlaw family reunion at my place this weekend. Broke in father in laws electric smoker with 2chickens today. Tomorrow will be the pork butts. Bacon though. Mmmmmmm

Josh
    Participant

16″ serrated christmas tree shearing blades… fun fun! This is so not wicked edge related, I know, but thought some would get a kick out of it :side: … there was a time when I would dread sharpening these. I am looking forward to the serrated sharpening attachment for the Wicked Edge though! Send me one when you get a prototype Clay… I’ll test it out for ya 😉

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Well, I still dread sharpening knives like this. The only way I know of to sharpen them is with the Spyderco Sharpmaker. How on earth could someone get a collection of knives like this? 🙂

Congratulations! 😛

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Wow that looks like a whole days worth of “fun” right there. My mental Rolodex drew a complete blank how Id handle this.

Dremmel attachment?
    Wheel?
    Diamond file?

No clue what so ever…they look severely degraded as well & in need of a complete overhaul! :blink:

Victor
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 80

So how about our pig we slaughtered last fall that we sealed and put in the freezer, we just took out Wed. and began curing the second serving of BACON mmmmm! hehe. first, packed it w/ salt/pepper/maple syrup for a few days. Then today, I smoked it until it reached 155F. Next, cut it up into nice thin slices… however, I needed a nice thin edged knife to do it that had a wicked edge 😉 so I reground our big knife as the edge was getting a little thick (to about .004″) and put a 15 dps edge on it with the Wicked Edge – handled it NICE

Sometimes ago, you’d ask for tips in USN Forum for UDS build, did you make one for smoking?

Saw your bacon…..well, decided I NEED to have these for dinner…Local Style thick cut Korean short ribs + Teriyaki style sauce, low and slow, then finished with high temperature browning, smoked portobello mushroom w/cheese and eggplant :

Used utility scissor to cut ribs into easy eating bit size instead of knife. 😛

Josh
    Participant

Sometimes ago, you’d ask for tips in USN Forum for UDS build, did you make one for smoking?

Saw your bacon…..well, decided I NEED to have these for dinner…Local Style thick cut Korean short ribs + Teriyaki style sauce, low and slow, then finished with high temperature browning, smoked portobello mushroom w/cheese and eggplant :

Used utility scissor to cut ribs into easy eating bit size instead of knife. 😛

NIICE Victor! Looks yummy! Yes, I did finish up the UDS build and it has served me WELL, I can precisely control the temp so I can do lower for bacon and chicken and higher for pulled pork – good stuff!!

Victor
    Participant

Right on!

UDS sure is a handy piece of cookware!

Glad you’re enjoying smoke with good eating fun!

Josh
    Participant

16″ serrated christmas tree shearing blades… fun fun! This is so not wicked edge related, I know, but thought some would get a kick out of it :side: … there was a time when I would dread sharpening these. I am looking forward to the serrated sharpening attachment for the Wicked Edge though! Send me one when you get a prototype Clay… I’ll test it out for ya 😉

All finished up w/ them! Here is an after shot of one of them… Also, last time I got a couple In I took a scotch brite belt to them to clean all that gunk off but w/ 13 that could get quite time consuming at 3-4 min each just to clean up!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Impressive. How did you do that, Josh?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Ditto to Mark’s query.

I’ll have to try my buffing wheel method to see if it works on the scalloped edge. I put two sewn rag wheels on my pedestal buffer: one with 600-grit greaseless compound and the other with white polishing compound. Two quick passes on each side for each wheel and a kitchen knife will slice paper beautifully. About ten seconds, total. Not real pretty under the microscope, but the paper don’t know it.

Maybe for the scalloped edges I need to go to a loose rag wheel for the 600.

Josh
    Participant

Very carefully!! lol you could say I use a type of radiused waterstones… 😛 😉

Victor
    Participant

Very carefully!! lol you could say I use a type of radiused waterstones… 😛 ;)[/quote]

Ah, I smell trade secret!

You know, there is no such thing as trade secrets, right, Josh!? 😆

Josh
    Participant

Very carefully!! lol you could say I use a type of radiused waterstones… 😛 ;)[/quote]

Ah, I smell trade secret!

You know, there is no such thing as trade secrets, right, Josh!? :lol:[/quote]

lol, you are very intuitive my friend! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.