Advanced Search

Now it begins

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Now it begins

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keith Striblin
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Long time lurker, first time poster.

After reading this forum for quite awhile and watching countless videos, I’ve finally placed the order for my very own wicked edge.

I should have it sometime this week, then the fun begins…

K

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Welcome aboard Keith!

Hey, I once had a pain doctor who graduated from the University of Dublin. He had a funny Irish accent. 😛

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome Keith! Enjoy your WEPS once it’s there! And if there’s anything you want to ask, please don’t hesitate.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Keith Striblin
    Participant

Gentlemen, thanks for the welcome. According to my latest email from Oldawan, I should have my PP2 on Thursday! 🙂

tcmeyer – We get confused with Dublin Ireland quite a bit, but I’m actually in Dublin, Ohio. Not too many Irish accents here. :cheer:

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

My humor process must be out of kilter. Nobody seems to get my jokes. That smiley face is supposed to tip you off that I was trying to be funny. B) Or did I just not get Keith’s joke?

Keith Striblin
    Participant

I received my new WEPS! Kudos to the good folks at Oldawan. Everything arrived on time and in good condition. One small blip that they promptly and professionally addressed.

I think I’ll be breaking in those hones this weekend!!

I already have buddies asking me to sharpen their knives.

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Hey Keith, welcome and have fun this weekend with your new WEPS! Let us know how your first experiences go. I’m doing the same this weekend with my new WEPS, as well.

Alan

Alan

Keith Striblin
    Participant

My first effort. A buck 105. I think it’s about 45 years old, it belonged to my uncle.

I re-profiled the edge at 20dps. It was a good learning experience. I don’t have the bevel quite even but it’s much better than where it started.

I’d welcome comments.

Working on a couple others too.

Keith

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.