Advanced Search

New WE user completely amazed!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New WE user completely amazed!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Clint Kirch
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

Just wanted to give a two thumbs up to this system. I could freehand sharpen pretty dang good but this product brings it to a whole new level! Thanks Wicked Edge!

Attachments:
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Nice!!! good feeling huh? hehe 😛

Clint Kirch
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

It’s a strange addiction…will it ever end? Haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

If you tend to be obsessive about sharp stuff, you’ve only tasted a tiny bit. You’ve chosen the red pill, so welcome to the rabbit hole.

Seriously though, welcome to a very unusual forum. Hosted by the father of your Wicked Edge system, yet open to free discussion. Most who haunt these halls are either students or wannabe teachers. Flamers are few and far between. I’ve been hanging out here for more than 4 years and I can only recall one and they were quickly straightened out. This is strictly for free exchange of related news, learnings and ideas. Questions are happily received.

I don’t think anyone has made the point yet, but I think that as well as the fruit of your first efforts seem to be doing, you’ve only begun to learn all of this technology. For us hobbyists and amateurs, it probably takes 2 to 3 years to approach the far end of the learning curve. For those who do it professionally or otherwise take it quite seriously, the learning curve runs to maybe 8 to 12 months. At the end, you should be capable of taking in a high-end knife, confident that you will return it to its owner with a razor-sharp mirror edge he can show off to anybody.

So settle in for the ride. And stick with the forum – there’s tons to learn here.

BTW, I’m interested to hear if others agree or disagree with my statement on the learning curve.

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

BTW, I’m interested to hear if others agree or disagree with my statement on the learning curve.

Of course individual mileage may vary but I think your estimated learning curves are spot on Tom. Also on the subject of this forum I couldn’t agree more…the information that gets shared and the people here make it an amazing place.

cdog…welcome my friend to the show that never ends. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.