Advanced Search

New sharpener?

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements New sharpener?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Edward Paradise
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

Just saw this on Facebook. I assume this is new?? How do we all get one with our existing stones?

Ted S
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 31

Here is the vid about it – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqn1UTPrtGw

Edward Paradise
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

So, the obvious question, how much? And how much without stones?

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Exactly. Price & Availability……

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Joseph Chapman III
    Participant
    • Replies: 3

Very nice.

Xbander
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 68

All,

Clay showed this to us last year on the forum, they are all ways working on a better mouse trap.
    The box tool has storage under it. A ball handle on it will bring both clamps together at once.
    This resolves the issue, the blade edge is always centered.

James

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

What would be cool would be if wicked edge offers a “trade and upgrade” program where we could trade in our basic one and some cash for this 😉 I know I’m only dreaming though lol

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The price is $1599. Haven’t come up with one without stones, but that’s a good idea – I’ll work on that….

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

What would be cool would be if wicked edge offers a “trade and upgrade” program where we could trade in our basic one and some cash for this 😉 I know I’m only dreaming though lol

I’m not sure how to make this happen but I do like the idea. We should have an upgrade coming out later this year that allows for one-step knife mounting and one-step angle setting. We’re working on the prototypes now. I’ll definitely be posting about it as we get closer.

-Clay

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I’m not sure how to make this happen but I do like the idea. We should have an upgrade coming out later this year that allows for one-step knife mounting and one-step angle setting. We’re working on the prototypes now. I’ll definitely be posting about it as we get closer.[/quote]

Clay, I think this whole thing would just be easier if I had my check direct deposit to you. Then you could just keep sending stuff! :woohoo:

wickededge
    Keymaster

Wicked Edge chosen as a recipient of the Kitchen Innovations® 2014 Award presented by the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show®

This is very exciting news for us here at Wicked Edge. A lot of people have worked long and hard to bring this idea into reality. Many thanks to all involoved in making it happen! Please visit the awards page on the National Restaurant Association’s webpage here: KI Awards. The product chosen for the award is our new Professional Series Sharpener:

-Clay

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Well done and this self centring knife clamp & I take it quick angle set up make it both a true pro tool & will also suit the unskilled knife sharpener in the kitchen who currently possible uses one of the drag through electric sharpeners.
    This is perhaps less portable I have the WE pro pack11 with the case and although the case is liftable it is not the sort of weight to walk more than 50 metres I put mine on a trolly

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Huge congratulations to Clay and all of the staff involved! WE is just the best system on the market today!!!! I am convinced I am using the best sharpening system available! Clay thank you so much!!!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Yahoo! This new sharpener has won the most innovative award for the year from the National Hotel and Restaurant Association. Wonderful news for you Clay! You have worked so hard and long over the past several years to reach this pinnacle. My hearty congratulations mate. There was a time not so long ago many of the Pro.s were scoffing at the WEPS. Not anymore I think!!! Celebrations are in order I believe!

My hat is off to you
    Leo

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Congrats. :woohoo:

Nice looking photo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.