Advanced Search

New Okie

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New Okie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mrjoker
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

Hello,

My name is Chad Swindell  and I am  from Oklahoma.   I am a freehand sharpener that is wanting to take it to the next level.  I am used to putting mirror edges on my blades, but I am looking for the consistency that I believe the Wicked Edge will offer.  I just purchased a Gen 3 and am excited to get started.  I am looking forward to all of the information that I can glean from the Wicked Edge community.  Thanks in advance!

-Chad

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to our Wicked Edge Forum and Sharpening Community, Chad.   The Gen 3 Pro is a great choice to attain those mirrored polished bevels.  The sharpening stones/paddles have about a 10 knife break-in period before they start to give their best results.  I suggest you utilize this break in period as your learning period while sharpening your old or beater knives, to gain experience.  Save the good stuff for after you’ve learned how to use your system and gotten your technique down.

There is our Wicked Edge “Knowledge Base” you can access in the upper right corner of this browser window.  It provides lots of helpful information.  There are many good, helpful and valuable videos well worth viewing on the YouTube, also.  THis Forum is always here to help.

Welcome!

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.