Advanced Search

New Member from the NW

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New Member from the NW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Charles Jones
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Hello from Seattle! I’m new to your forum and I think that I’ve finally found a group that sounds like fun! The common thread seems to be the unquenchable search for a sharpener, or system, that can handle all types of blades, yet simple in design and function. I’m a former Special Forces medic, hunter, fisherman, and thoroughly enjoy the fabulous terrain that we have in the NW. Over the years, I’ve used Arkansas stones, true Japanese waterstones, synthetic stones, and several sharpening systems. I’m intrigued by the many positive comments regarding the WE system, both on this forum and the Web. I’m looking forward to your input on the WE system, as well as what to tell my wife when the box arrives!

Wesley
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 18

I searched for years for a system that worked for me. I tried the different stones and system with some success, but all I can say is this is the best system I have ever owned. It does have a big learning curve but it’s worth it in the end. If you purchase the system just spend the money on the pro pack one if you can. The arms make it so much easier to use. As for what to tell the wife, just tell her you can make some extra cash so it will pay for its self.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Mint! Enjoy the read and don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. And your wife is in for a suprise 😉 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Hmmm… Mint 427. Is that a Chebby or a Ford?

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Welcome, fellow NorthWesterner — from Lynnwood, WA…

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Charles Jones
    Participant

Hey, brother – 1969 big block Vette with factory side pipes — just sold it to buy a fishing boat!

Charles Jones
    Participant

Thanks, Gib — big game for the Hawks next weekend – Which WEB system do you use?

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Thanks, Gib — big game for the Hawks next weekend – Which WEB system do you use?

I have the ProPack II. Love it.

Putting out the best edges of all my sharpening life and am still in a huge learning curve.

Enjoy.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Charles Jones
    Participant

Hi Gib: Would you be up for sharing your thoughts (and mistakes) with me re: the learning curve? Just ordered the pro-pack II from Bob at Oldawan — if so, I can send you my cell # by private email.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

And I just sold my fishing boat. For a BB C3 ‘Vette, it must be a deep water rig. My boat would only have been enough for a small block. I hope you really enjoy your new fishing boat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.