Advanced Search

New Here!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New Here!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ixstala
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Hi Everyone!

I got my wicked edge f/s this week along with some higher grit stones and the ceramics. The field and sport seemed to be the best bang for the buck with the upgraded arms and a carrying case to boot for the same price as the standard set. Clamps anywhere to make a nice sturdy base. I may snag some low (or ultra low) head screws to replace the ones that come with the clamp.

So far I’ve sharpened 7 of my kitchen knives, starting with my oldest junkiest knives trying to bring them back to life. I’m coming from a Spyderco Sharpmaker, which has served me well over the last 15 years!

I’ve only cut myself once in about 6 hours of total sharpening, not bad! Keep those fingers behind the paddles!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! Glad you enjoy your Wicked Edge. There’s a wealth of info here and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Please also take a look at the resource page (https://www.wickededgeusa.com/resources/) with a lot of info for ppl new to the WEPS.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mark76
    Participant

Welcome to the forum! Glad you enjoy your Wicked Edge. There’s a wealth of info here and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Please also take a look at the resource page (https://www.wickededgeusa.com/resources/) with a lot of info for ppl new to the WEPS.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I see Wiki still doesn’t work.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I see Wiki still doesn’t work.

Thanks for pointing it out. I thought it was up and running…

-Clay

Matt
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Hello, I’m new to the forum

Looking to purchase a Wicked Edge sharpening system for my personal knives friends and maybe do some sharpening at a farmers market or two.

I may set up a little tailgate shop at the farmers market see how that goes.

If anybody has any pointers  on places to make some folding money besides farmers markets? I would appreciate it.

Looking at a Generation III pro and then add on some extra ceramics and strops.

And a quarter inch clamp for thicker knives. Would it be necessary to get the 1/16 of an inch clamp also?

If anyone has any pointers on folding tables  that would be solid enough that wouldn’t wiggle also that would go with the Generation III ?

The table height would be important since the sharpeners on a pedestal correct?  I would like to use the table at home also  so it should be portable.

Fubar
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 7

Hi Everyone! I got my wicked edge f/s this week along with some higher grit stones and the ceramics. The field and sport seemed to be the best bang for the buck with the upgraded arms and a carrying case to boot for the same price as the standard set. Clamps anywhere to make a nice sturdy base. I may snag some low (or ultra low) head screws to replace the ones that come with the clamp. So far I’ve sharpened 7 of my kitchen knives, starting with my oldest junkiest knives trying to bring them back to life. I’m coming from a Spyderco Sharpmaker, which has served me well over the last 15 years! I’ve only cut myself once in about 6 hours of total sharpening, not bad! Keep those fingers behind the paddles!

Hello and welcome!!!! I’m new here as well.  Still learning how to be Wicked!

Mark76
    Participant

Welcome to the forum, Matt! Sorry I don’t have answers to some of your questions, since I don’t have a gen 3. I myself sharpened for a restaurant and made some extra money (and food ) that way. Just ask a couple of local restaurants.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.