Advanced Search

New Gen 3 Pro Newbie from Florda

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New Gen 3 Pro Newbie from Florda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WLA
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hello All:  My name is William Athas, from South Florida and yesterday I receive my WE Gen 3 Pro unit.  I can’t wait to get started.  I hope I can master the use of this unit, becuse if I don’t, I think my wife is going to lose it over all the money I spend buying tools in my search for the ability to achieve a wicked sharp edge on my knives and other cutting implements.  I have way too many systems and have failed to master any of them.  While I achieve okay results, nothing comes close to what I’ve seen that can be done with this unit in the You Tube videos.  I’m spending a lot of time studying the videos and this forum so I can be educated and knowledgeable before I embark on the use of the unit.   In the past, I have watched many free hand videos on using japanese water stones and I have one small neck knife that is air popping sarp with a very acute edge using those techniques, but the effort that went into that is astounding.  I am excited to be a WE owner and I hope to learn what i need to know to make my edged implements wickedely sharp.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by WLA. Reason: To check the box to me notified of comments. I missed it initially
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Welcome aboard, William!!  This is a great forum with lots of veteran WE users to answer your questions,  The Gen 3 Pro is a great rig too.  You won’t regret spending the extra $$.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.