Advanced Search

My Gen 3 Pro

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat My Gen 3 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Willis68
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 32

This is my Gen 3 Pro and my first Wicked Edge system, this is the 3rd knife I sharpened I love this system

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Nice work!! I couldn’t be more pleased w/ my wicked edge, it’s a work horse I use almost every day.

Mjcollier
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 36

I have this ordered minus the shelves. Hopefully I’ll get an email this week notifying me that it has shipped. The wait is horrible.

P. S. Nice edge!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Willis68
    Participant

I love the storage system, I am having my system milled and an extra shelf made to except another row of stones,

i waited led a while for mine to be built but it was worth every second of the wait

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Looking good, man.  Love the Gen 3 Pro.  More and more folks seem to have them, now.

That’s a nice Protech-Strider colab you have there!  I’ve one myself. Great job on the bevel.  What angle did you use?

Welcome to our forum!

Alan

Willis68
    Participant

I did 34 inclusive, 17 Degrees as I do all of my Protechs, I talked with Dave who is a friend of mine and he suggested 17 on each side,

all of my Protechs are Laser sharp now

Mjcollier
    Participant

I like the shelves but where I see myself sharpening I believe the height would be uncomfortable.

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

I like the shelves but where I see myself sharpening I believe the height would be uncomfortable.

That’s the reason I removed the shelves from mine.  Much more comfortable for me to sharpen at a lower height. I can always add the shelves back.

gen3

I do think the three shelf mod I’ve seen is pretty nice, too.  For folks who don’t mind the height, it’s nice to have nine sets of stones at your fingertips.

Alan

Attachments:
    Willis68
    Participant

For me it is perfect, I have a nice rolling wooden Cart where the system sets, I do all my gun smithing and sharpening on it and I have a very high comfortable chair for it for me it is absolutely perfect

dulledge
    Participant
    • Replies: 183

Congrats! Awesome system and awesome edge! I am still on the fence about Gen 2 or 3 vise. In Gen 3 vise for relatively narrow width knife like 5/8″, what is lowest possible angle you can sharpen it? Degrees per side.

<!–more–>

Willis68
    Participant

14 per side, that’s the lowest the rack and pinion level goes to anyways

dulledge
    Participant
    • Replies: 183

14 per side, that’s the lowest the rack and pinion level goes to anyways

Did you actually try it with knife with width 5/8″ ? I am asking because I saw video on youtube where stone hit vise at 14 degrees angle. Maybe 14 degrees is possible with wider knives, but not with 5/8″ width knives. Would be great to know from who actually tried it. Please confirm. Many thanks!

Regular steak knives have width about 5/8″.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I’ve found that blade thickness can also be a major limiting factor.  Here’s a small SOG folder with a very thick blade that had only a limited strip of flat face to which I could clamp in my Gen 3.  This put the edge too low to get at except at high angles.

Mjcollier
    Participant

Is that an OSU Buckeye helmet I see in the background? If so, Go Bucks!

Willis68
    Participant

Is that an OSU Buckeye helmet I see in the background? If so, Go Bucks!

LOL,

yes that was Ted Ginn JR’s helmet, I love my Buckeyes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.