Advanced Search

My dream French Chef’s knife

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat My dream French Chef’s knife

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    bijji clarrk
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Hello Everyones I am new here for good relationship. I hope Whole people are good in your countries. Here I found such a good news and articles related to my work and passion. Thanks For sharing with us such a great information.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Welcome to you! We are happy you have joined us here where our common passion for sharpening and knives makes us like brothers and sisters. πŸ™‚

Cheers
    Leo

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

There are a couple of one hand openers here. Think you can specify what you want for handle material.

http://www.fontenille-pataud.com/en/

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

There are choices of scales damascus choices & Guilloché XC75 Carbon/stainless/RWL34 stainless & some allow for a customised bee inlaid

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Leo that and actually all of the knives are beautiful!! The first time I saw them I said I gotta get one of those! Seems like other gotta haves keep coming up? :S

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

“Do you have a link? Sometimes I have people wanting a recommendation πŸ˜‰ Googling it doesn’t being up anything πŸ™‚
    His web site is not complete, but go to his Facebook page and contact from there.
    I tend to fall more on the Tactical folder type (sorry Leo’s! Lol) I want to be able to open my knife quickly with one hand. I rarely get funny looks here in sc… Everyone is pretty much used to it πŸ™‚ as a matter of fact, we do not have any minimum size or switchblade carry knife laws here in my state, so that’s cool πŸ™‚

How thin are those French knives typically ground at the shoulders if the edge?

Josh[/quote]

Anyone can get to him very quickly on his Facebook page…just type in James MacMillan Bullock. His web site is not ready yet.

As for your necessity to open a knife with a flick of the wrist or a snap of the thumb, why? When I use my knife to cut a salami or slice some nice cheese, I like to take my time and savour the experience. No need to jump the cheese before it gets away or the salami before it whacks me on the head! ROTFLMAO! Oh lordy sometimes I can’t believe the things I say!Sorry mate!i am just kidding you around! I have several knives like that, but frankly, except when I am with my friends, they always get a rather negative reaction in public. Up here there is no size restrictions on blades, but there is a policeman’s right to ask you why you are carrying a knife. He is more liable to believe me if I have a small and pretty slip joint knife than if I have a more tactical looking, fast opening blade. Also assisted opening knives are no-no’s up here, so that ends that kind of knife.Never answer that you are carrying your knife for self-defence…your knife will disappear never to return.Besides, who would want to hurt a helpless old man anyway…unless of course I start to lecture him or her about their manners, as I have been known to do. LOL! My days of using my long ago learned self-defense Defendo is limited by my age and physical wretchedness. Unless he happens to be careless and gets too close and then the first strike better work, because after the first strike I have to use my puffer to continue breathing! :S

Cheers mate! πŸ˜‰

Leo the pain in the ear

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Leo,
    One of my favorite elderly women friends has a saying, (you’ll love the grammar) “getting old ain’t for sissies!”
    I’m speaking out of turn here, but I think Josh needs a quick opening knife cause he is a police officer. One second can be a very long time to him in an emergency.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Yes indeed 1 second can make a big difference whether to fend off an assailant or to free someone trapped in a burning car. Police and firemen are my heroes…and that is no joke!

Leo

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Yes indeed 1 second can make a big difference whether to fend off an assailant or to free someone trapped in a burning car. Police and firemen are my heroes…and that is no joke!

Leo

Could not agree more!!! πŸ˜‰

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

We definitely can’t accuse the Leos of having a bad taste πŸ˜‰ . Great pics, guys!

LeoB, have you ever seen one of those Perceval kitchen knives irl? I was wondering was their grind is and how they cut.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Seems to me that I know of yet another member here with the same great taste and more than that, he has visited Thiers and the very place these wonderful knives are crafted. Some Dutch fellow I think you may know eh Mark! πŸ˜‰

From one Thiers lover to another
    Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

I have not seen them in the flesh I do not know what the grind is I think it would not really matter what; I do know they are popular amongst chefs in Europe and Asia including Japan and their table knives are also popular with some of the top hotels & restaurants.
    https://www.facebook.com/atelierperceval this gives more of an insight into what they are doing.

Leo Nav

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I do know they are popular amongst chefs in Europe and Asia including Japan and their table knives are also popular with some of the top hotels & restaurants.
    https://www.facebook.com/atelierperceval this gives more of an insight into what they are doing.

Leo Nav

Cool! I have been trying to convince the restaurant I sharpen for to get Laguiole knives for their guests, but to no avail yet…

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

I do know they are popular amongst chefs in Europe and Asia including Japan and their table knives are also popular with some of the top hotels & restaurants.

Leo Nav

Cool! I have been trying to convince the restaurant I sharpen for to get Laguiole knives for their guests, but to no avail yet…[/quote]

They should listen, Laguiole makes excellent knives. I prefer the lines of the Chambriard knives but I think it is a toss up between the two. Philippe Chambriard also makes some excellent cutlery for fine dining and for use in the kitchen. I will try to get some pictures of them to post here.

Leo

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Here is a link to some of the Chambriard kitchen knives. Check out the last 5 pictures from bread knife to paring knife.

http://www.worldknives.com/manufacturers/chambriard-knives-hand-made-pocket-culinary-knives-26.html
    Also a link for both the Laguiole and Chambriard kitchen and dining-room knives and other eating utensils. Leave it to the French to have a wide spectrum of dining tools! πŸ™‚
    http://www.laguiole-elite.com/

Leo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.