Advanced Search

Max length on WE130

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Max length on WE130

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kirk
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I am retired & have a plan on how I’m going to initiate a small business to supplement wife’s & my income. Can kitchen knives in restaurants work in my WE130 please?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    David
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 37

Yes kitchen knifes in restaurant can be sharpened with the W.E. 130. Best of luck with your plan. I am sure others will share information as well. I have done a few kitchen knifes but am a new user. Got my W.E. pro pack III  IN September. Hope this help

David

I am retired & have a plan on how I’m going to initiate a small business to supplement wife’s & my income. Can kitchen knives in restaurants work in my WE130 please?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the forum Kirk,  Most every kind of knife will work.  There are some limitations but with time and  experience a savvy intuitive sharpener will find a work around to get it done.  For the more general use or common used kitchen knives it is not a problem.  The WE130 is the best system to get it done.  It allows for the most adaptability of all the systems.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Based on your title I’m guessing you’re curious about the maximum blade length that the Wicked Edge can handle. Clay has demonstrated blades up to 17 inches, but I am fairly certain you can do larger blades if you get the 12 inch guide rods that are listed in the accessory section of the Wicked Edge site.

With the exception of a few specialty knives, most kitchen knives are going to be 12 inches or under.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Kirk,

All I can say is the WE 130 will do most any knife you run across. Kitchen knives are probably the easiest to clamp and sharpen with the WE. I have a 130, the longest knife I’ve done to this point had a 12 inch blade and it was not a problem at all. In my opinion the 130 will give you the versatility to do the widest range of blades of all the WE sharpeners. I’ve heard that you can sharpen swords and the like but you would have to move the blade and blend the entire length. I think a sword would be a major time drain but could be done. Guys come up with different ways to do different types of knives all the time so really we might only be limited by our imaginations.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.