Advanced Search

Magnet Cleaning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marc Simon
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 15

Hi all,
    Just wanted to see if anyone else cleans there magnets off after you accumulate so much metal dust. I started using blue painters tape to get the metal dust off of the Super Neodymium Rare-Earth Magnet Discs I use on my Wicked Edge.
    I hope this helps. Please let me know what you guys do as well.
    Marc

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I never thought about using magnets. Can you post a photo showing how you do it?

Marc Simon
    Participant

I have a hard time posting pictures and links etc…
    If you place them on either side of the base, directly under the knife and the clamp your good to go.
    Good luck.
    Marc

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I found a couple of really powerful magnets and super-glued them to my vise – one in the back and one in the front. After about a month I find them almost as clean as when I installed them. What am I doing wrong?

Marc Simon
    Participant

Unless your doing a lot of edge reprofiling, I don’t think there will be some much metal dust. I started to use soapy water like Clay suggests and it cut down the metal dust on my magnets.
    I did not glue the magnets to my base I just use magnets on each side and they hold each other.
    Good luck,
    Marc

James Adams
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I put two Neodymium magnets on my swing arms just above the ball joint. I no longer have ANY metal shavings getting in the joint.

Here is the link to the magnets i got: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-3-4-in-Neodymium-Rare-Earth-Magnet-Discs-3-Pack-07047HD/202526369

They are POWERFULL

I have attached some pics of my setup. Hope it helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.