Advanced Search

Lower vise screw in Pro Pack 1 not contacting vise

Recent Forums Main Forum Lower vise screw in Pro Pack 1 not contacting vise

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

I got the same system a few days ago and noticed the same problem with mine. I have a blade stock of 0.140”  and tighten the top vise screw with the guide inserted in the lower holes (same issue with the lower holes).  When I try and tighten the jack screw it doesn’t make contact with the opposite jaw. I am having the same issue on my other folding knives.  I removed the screws to make sure that the longer one was in the jack screw position.  My lower jack screw is 3/4”.

John Paul
    Participant

When purchasing a $500 product I would expect to receive it with vise screws long enough to clamp standard folding knives and kitchen knives. If I can clamp them then what would the blade thickness need to be for proper clamping.  I ask that you send me the appropriate screws for my application free of charge.

John Paul
    Participant

Here is a photo of the top screw tightened and the jack screw all the way in.

Attachments:
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Sorry I hadn’t visited this thread before now, but on examining the photo of the jack screw, I count only about 2.5 turns of thread on a 20 thread-per-inch screw extending through the jaw.  If the screw is indeed screwed all the way in, that’s only 1/8″ and is simply not going to work for blades more than about 1/16″ thick.  My WE100 vise screws were altered about ten years ago, so I can’t speak to what the correct length is, but certainly it should be at least 1/4″ longer.  An e-mail or phone call to WE customer service should get you the right stainless steel screws.  Meanwhile, I’d pick up a couple of regular screws at your local hardware store to tide you over.

In the second photo, I see what seems to be the upper screw extending almost completely through the threads of the upper hole.   Are your screws both the same length?  Hopefully, you’ve already solved what seems to be a simple problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.