Advanced Search

Low angle adapter screws (Solved: 10-32 UNF)

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Low angle adapter screws (Solved: 10-32 UNF)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jamey Howard
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 63

Exciting news! I have the 10-32 UNF screws here at my desk and they look much more likely to fit. Will post another update later as I know you’re all on the edges of your seats waiting to find out the answer 😉

I’ll see how the grub screws feel for torque, and whether the smaller hex key seems like it’s going to snap under the strain.

Jamey Howard
    Participant

Good news, the 10-32 UNF screws are indeed the correct ones.

Using a 5/16″ length grub screw I was able to get enough torque/clamping force to sharpen my Benchmade Griptilian despite the smaller size hex key that goes inside the grub screws compared to screws with a head on them.

But I bought a selection of headed lengths as well (both countersunk and rounded head)in case I want to try them. I suspect they’ll be handy for ‘taller’ blades like kitcken knives, where there’s more length between the edge and the spine.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Jamey,

I’m glad you got it solved. Sorry no one was around to answer you, we were at Shot Show as you guessed. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions if you can’t get someone on the phone or via the forum: clay@wickededgeusa.com

-Clay

-Clay

Jamey Howard
    Participant

No worries Clay, all’s well that ends well.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Great to know this! I’ll make it part of the wiki!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.