Advanced Search

Is this the correct Super Eraser for cleaning?

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Ceramic Stones Is this the correct Super Eraser for cleaning?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    williaty
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 11

Local knife shop sells these:

They’re sort of a coarse feeling rubbery block. Is this the correct Super Eraser for cleaning the ceramic stones?

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

It could be. But it sure looks different from the super eraser I got from Wicked Edge.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

The Superaser I’ve been talking about is the “SUPERASER” sold by Wicked Edge here on their web site, not the “SUPER ERASER” you depict. To avoid the inevitable shipping charges, I usually order one when I’m ordering something else, like a new pair of stones. Order two; they’re cheap.

Lukas Pop
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 109

Hi Mark, do you know something similar to Wicked Edge super eraser which is possible to get in Europe?

Mark76
    Participant

Hmmm… to be honest: no.

On the other hand, this stuff really behaves much like a pencil eraser and I’m wondering whether it is not the same as a pencil eraser. Maybe you could try that?

Maybe there’s other people here who can tell whether or not this stuff is the same as a pencil eraser.

Lukas Pop
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 109

Do you think something like this? http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Faber-Castell_pencil_and_eraser.jpg I think that super eraser is from fibrous material, not rubber. I will try pumice stone from drugstore.

Mark76
    Participant

Yes, that’s what I mean. Maybe the super eraser is from fibrous material, but it’s got a very rubbery feel to it. Also the “shavings” look a lot like those of pencil eraser shavings.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Ink erasers do work, but not as well as the Superaser. Rubber pencil erasers do not work. If you can’t find one of the Superasers, try using one of those Super Erasers. I’m curious as to whether they would work as well.

Mark76
    Participant

Lukas, I found a German store that sells Super Erasers: http://www.outdoormesser.de/epages/62013711.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62013711/Products/413

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.