Advanced Search

i have been having the same problem also.

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance i have been having the same problem also.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    cakebakem
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

This stuff.

Attachments:
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

No it looks a bit like a sort of plasticised bike inner tube it comes in all sorts of sizes and colours it is often put on the ends of car battery cables where the wire is crimped onto the connection loops most electrical places sell it from sizes suitable for 2/3mm wire up to quite large circumferences where many wires are held together the tube is placed over the cable of lets be more specific and then shrunk with a heat gun .
    Since the WE vice tapers it is removable but it works very well better than self amalgamating tape since it need not be thick it seems to work well . Some other WE owner had done it I saw last June it looks smart and if you use the black it is almost invisible .
    The tubing for the WE vice should be around 3.50€ a metre you will find it in an electrical/electronic component shop.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

It was your vice that I saw it works really well very tidy. I seem to remember you did some smart styling on the base polishing off the blue anodisation if I recall correctly.

cakebakem
    Participant

Yes i stopped posting when the web site was hacked.

Wesley
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 18

Can you post a pic of your storage box. I like the tubes you are storing the stones in.

cakebakem
    Participant

I came on this thread to attest to Wicked Edge customer service. Having noticed my clamps were bent, I called customer service and, with no questions asked, they replaced my clamps. Very professional, this is a company that stands behind it’s products, even in a area like these clamps that could be bent by overzealous use.

cakebakem
    Participant

Can you post a pic of your storage box. I like the tubes you are storing the stones in.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

we have been using this stuff for quite some time on our scoop handles – works great.

can be bought at most high end electronic shops or ebay – many colors available.
    http://www.intertexelectronics.com/HST-1-12-Heat-Shrink-Tubing-1-12-x-4ft-Polyolefin-21–P2109.aspx

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.