Advanced Search

i have been having the same problem also.

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance i have been having the same problem also.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

please take a look at my vise and advise.
    closees tight if vice screw is tight, but if loose it has a gap.
    some examples of a big cleaver i picked up at thieft store for example.
    thanks……

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

l straight

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Your vise is very bent and you need a new one. Please call in and talk to Kyle or Sarah and we’ll get you a new one right away: 1-877-616-9911

-Clay

Johpe
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 71

I’ve have actually been having the same problem also!

I didn’t recognize it until I saw your images cause I thought it was suppose to be that way since it came like that out of the box.

But it could explain some problems I’ve had with clamping thin blades maybe?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Yup… call Kyle.

(Also might let him know it came that way… they might want to spot check their supply?)

Johpe
    Participant

And holding a ruler to both of the vises it seems that both of them are bent. It’s difficult to photograph that without 3 hands 😉 but if you want to see it I’ll give it a try…

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Your vise is very bent and you need a new one. Please call in and talk to Kyle or Sarah and we’ll get you a new one right away: 1-877-616-9911

Did call…thanks…cost me lots of ammo tooooo….new granite block…new arms & a set of 50/80’s. I have been wanting the block for many months and now have new farmers market sharpening gig on sat. Thru. Nov…….it will look nice on my set up table.

Thanks clay

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

cost me lots of ammo tooooo….[/b]new granite block…new arms & a set of 50/80’s. I have been wanting the block for many months and now have new farmers market sharpening gig on sat. Thru. Nov…….it will look nice on my set up table.

Can you get ammo in you part of the country?? It’s just starting to come back to California.:evil:
    I just got the granite base over the weekend.. what a great upgrade from the base I rigged up!! I would swear to you three knifes I did came out better then ever!:) and if your OCD the arms are just the greatest!!:woohoo:
    Good for you getting the farmers market gig:cheer:

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

try to go out and buy powder…

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

i can sure tell you the lead business has been steadily picking up. i sell random weights of old lead fishing sinkers on ebay and last few weeks – god they have been selling like hot cakes in 10lb. lots.

my buddy tells me the bullet making guys are buying all the lead.
    whoever – i like it……

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

try to go out and buy powder…

The range I live and work at (www.slosa.org) volume is down literally in half. I’m lucky as I come by deals, but it keeps me broke!:P

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

i can sure tell you the lead business has been steadily picking up. i sell random weights of old lead fishing sinkers on ebay and last few weeks – god they have been selling like hot cakes in 10lb. lots.

whoever – i like it……

We just had a lead retrieval company at the rang for the first time in thirty years. Going down four inch on the trap and skeet range the took out $150K worth of lead. There is plent more but they had to move on for a government contract that was time sensitive.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

whoever – i like it……

We just had a lead retrieval company at the rang for the first time in thirty years. Going down four inch on the trap and skeet range the took out $150K worth of lead. There is plent more but they had to move on for a government contract that was time sensitive.[/quote]
    damn – i call it gray matter on most forums – i sent u PM with link to ebay – fyi

Johpe
    Participant

Just wanted to say thanks to Kyle for a quick solution to my issue with the vise jaws. Looking forward to receiving my shipment!

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Yesterday at the farmers market i had a fellow who wanted me to sharpen his tiny swiss army knife.

when i went to tighten it down it just fell out of the vice. it would appear my 2nd vice has sprung or something.

last week i ordered a new vice with the new s/s insert (my 3rd vice) because this vice has major hole where bottom vice screw tightens. – i was unaware of this problem – so i am ok in that department, i am just sticking this out for everyone to take notice and make sure your vice it fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.