Advanced Search

How about a blog section on the web site or within

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box How about a blog section on the web site or within

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I have a write-up I’ve been putting together on sharp stuff, like scalpels and razor blades. Nothing high tech. It’s up to about 1500 words and a few embedded photos. I’d like to post it in this forum because I’m looking for direct feedback. What would be the proper place to post it so that my fellow readers on this forum would have easy access? Post as a new topic here? Or on your Wiki site?

I see that a number of contributers here have accumulated quite a mass of info to share. It would be nice to have a library of such stuff right here on this site. As for me, switching into and out of the Wiki pages is tedious.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

A great idea…a library of collected knife and sharpening information and experiences. For now it might be just fine to post it in a spot that comes close to what you are writing about or maybe just in Off Topic. It could always be collected into a blog column later
    I will be surprised if Clay has not already been thinking about such a thing, but in any case he will be along in the next couple of days and comment I suspect. Meanwhile others will have a chance to say what they think.

Cheers
    Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Something which makes it easier to find old post would be good I have noticed that some knife e sites are easier to fin older posts I imagine it would need to be a larger site on the forum side .

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

This is a really nice idea. I wonder if should make some collective blog, or column where people can contribute. I’d love to hear more ideas.

-Clay

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Looking at some of the other forums there are more sections in the forum – new members -knives -sharpening techniques – businesses- knife pictures generally these all appear on the home page of the forum so often it is easier to find a specific item even if it is old ,
    Take a look say at Kitchen knife Forums obviously it is addressing different needs but it is quite an easy site to find items.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

An easy solution would be to simply post it to the forum. I can then make a link to it from the Wiki (http://wickededgeusa.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wicked_Edge_Forum_Links) to preserve the post for posterity and prevent it from getting burdened by heaps of other posts.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Excellent idea Mark! Simple and straight forward solution. Good thinking my friend! 😉

Cheers
    Leo

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

An easy solution would be to simply post it to the forum. I can then make a link to it from the Wiki (http://wickededgeusa.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wicked_Edge_Forum_Links) to preserve the post for posterity and prevent it from getting burdened by heaps of other posts.

I think this would be the better idea… I’m not sure what benefit starting a blog section over the current Wiki would have? The Wiki has discussion page tied to each page, if there’s a desire to discuss an entry.

The actual post could be transferred to the Wiki and an entry made on the Index page if it warrants it… wouldn’t that be a better organization than a blog?

Just thinking out loud… feel free to tell me if I’m missing something.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Using the wiki is sounding best.

-Clay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.