Advanced Search

Home Page Pictures

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Larry
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 44

Is one of the knives, on the homepage, a ceramic knife that is clamped in the WE fixture.?
    Lucky

Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 56

Lucky, It looks like a Kyocera santoku. I havn’t tried sharpening any ceramic blades yet. They are supposed to hold an edge much longer than steel and not need sharpening as often. Where’s the fun in that?:(

Mark

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Is one of the knives, on the homepage, a ceramic knife that is clamped in the WE fixture.?
    Lucky

That’s affirmative. The sharpener does really well with ceramic knives. We work closely with Stone River and a couple of other manufacturers to address their sharpening needs.

-Clay

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Hi Clay – Just checking the info on this thread about sharpening ceramic knives is still current:
    http://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=1182&Itemid=63#2808
    Any other tips would be appreciated.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

SydLow,

Tom Blodgett has been getting great results using diamond films on ceramics. I haven’t had a chance to repeat his procedure, but it looks pretty exciting. I know that Ken Schwartz has the films. If I’m able to duplicate Tom’s results, we’ll probably start carrying them here too.

Hi Clay – Just checking the info on this thread about sharpening ceramic knives is still current:
    http://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=1182&Itemid=63#2808
    Any other tips would be appreciated.

-Clay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.