Advanced Search

Hollow Grind

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hollow Grind

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AK Jim
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 15

Please bare with me Yoda’s
    I am assuming you can’t do a Hollow grind with the WEPS correct?

Aaron kimpton
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 155

What type of knife? Remember weps is only working the edge, not the whole blade

AK Jim
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 15

As a Newbee I have a variety. I played with a Cutko and tried to find the angle but it was either to high or low so I assumed it was Hollow. It is now a sharp V

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I’ve done a couple of batches of Cutco’s and none of them were concave, or hollow ground. All had typical edges you’d find done with belt systems. More convex than anything. Disclaimer: According to my notes, only one still had a factory edge on it, but it looked much as did the others. Sounds like you did just fine.

Hollow grinds are used for primary grinds only, not for edge grinds. The exception is where the primary grind is also the edge grind, but this wouldn’t result in the difficulty in finding the bevel angle – they don’t have one.

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Please bare with me Yoda’s
    I am assuming you can’t do a Hollow grind with the WEPS correct?

What you’re dealing with is a convex edge. When you use the sharpie trick it’s not gonna take off all of the marker. Look at the pic below. Just set your angle to the angle you want and start sharpening until all the marker is gone and make it a v grind. Unless u want to keep the convex edge. V grind works great for most applications. The WEPS is not gonna hit the grind….just the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.