Advanced Search

Hey all. Just ordered up an Wicked Edge Pro Pack

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hey all. Just ordered up an Wicked Edge Pro Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Craig Davis
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 20

So I have been bitten by the sharpening gods (lower case g)… In my search for the finest sharpening system I found Wicked Edge. Great information here on this forum and I’ve been reading (doing my homework) lately in an effort to minimize the learning curve–I do know how to use the search funtion.

I’ve been using a Sharpmaker for around 15 years and I have always been able to put a keen edge on a blade. Recently purchased a wa-gyuto and a paring kinfe (both thin blades) and now the Sharpmaker just doesn’t “cut” it. Plus I want my blades sharper than they have been.

Been collecting knives for 15 years (one brand) and have a lot of blades to work on. Will be starting with my cheaper knives and after the learning curve on the Wicked Edge Pro 2 I will progress to my CPM M4 Grip I got a couple weeks ago and then to my more prized users.

Thanks for all the info you guys post and for keeping respect in this forum.

Craig

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

In my search for the finest sharpening system I found Wicked Edge. …. after the learning curve on the Edge Pro I will progress to my CPM M4 Grip

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum.

So did you get an Edge Pro and a Wicked Edge? I’m a little confused by your post.

Ken

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Yes welcome Craig…
    But I too am confused. In one case you mention EPII (Edge Pro 2?? of which I have not heard)
    Then you mention the Wickededge (WE)… then the EP1 (edge pro 1 ??) Now the only Edge Pro models that I know of are the Professional and the Apex.

Of course the Wickededge had the Pro Pack 1 and Pro Pack 2… but nothing that I know of with EP (any number) anywhere in the name or model designation.

So, what is it that you are talking about getting?

Anyway, any way that I can be of help, just say so.

Phil

I hope your gods (small g) are not as confused as you have made me…
    👿 😆

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Welcome from anther new guy. Watch your wallet this gets really expensive! I’m trying to sharpen things that don’t need a edge? Lol

Craig Davis
    Participant

Hey guys. Sorry for the confusion.

I got a Wicked Edge Pro Pack 2.

Craig

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Hey guys. Sorry for the confusion.

I got a Wicked Edge Pro Pack 2.

Craig

Great choice Craig!
    Do you have it now?

Having spent a few years getting mine up to PPII specs… and more, but astounding myself and lots of others with my results, even with the original version… from ancient history 🙂
    I can pretty much predict that you will be thrilled with the sharpening prowess that is/will be at your command..
    The WEPS is an amazing tool.. no question about it!!

Nothing like jumping in to the deep end…

Oh BTW… I went to Burger King today and tried to order a Quarter Pounder with cheese..
    T nice girl at the winow laughed her butt off… I deseved it…
    I was trying to keep the 2 Rotties in the back of the SUV from killing each other … or the nice lady.
    Multitasking is not my forte these days..
    Again Welcome..ask away as you need to!

Phil

Craig Davis
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Phil. I do not have it yet. It was supposed to ship last week without the rod ends but they (rod ends) were going to ship separately a day or so later so I just told them to wait and ship it all together. I can’t wait to get it! Perfect birthday present for myself.

I have a Benchmade 581 in M390 coming that I will be sending off for heat treating to a harder RHC. I plan to play with it both before and after with my new toy.

I got excited in my original post and used some incorrect acronyms. I edited my original post and thread title to be more correct. Looking forward to improving my knife sharpening abilities.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

Nothing like jumping in to the deep end…

True BUT…. I just read a post where the guy actually DID just order a WEPS and an EP with diamonds and Choseras for both. YIKES! Now THAT is the deep end!

….. You should have asked for a Burrito Grande when you realized 🙂

I got excited in my original post and used some incorrect acronyms. I edited my original post and thread title to be more correct.

Now it makes sense. Congrats. I think you’re really going to enjoy it.

Just out of curiosity, who’s doing the heat treat on your M390? I’ve thought about stuff like that from time to time but never had any idea where to even start. Are they verifying with a finished Rockwell test or how does that work?

Ken

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Welcome to the forum… thanks for clarifying your post.

Just out of curiosity, who’s doing the heat treat on your M390? I’ve thought about stuff like that from time to time but never had any idea where to even start. Are they verifying with a finished Rockwell test or how does that work?
    Ken

I’m curious about this too… sounds interesting.

Craig Davis
    Participant

I like burrito gandes!

Regarding the heat treating, I just did homework on BladeForum and found that a lot of knife makers and guys just wanting to send their blades for heat treatment send them to Paul Bos at Buck Knives(now Paul Farner is the POC and he responds to emails). I am amazed that the price is VERY reasonable and he gurantees the HRC. One thread I read even showed pics of the multiple testing marks and required an additional run through for the HRC the customer wanted (AND he took care to hide these marks on the blade where the frame would cover them).

Heres the link: http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=bio.paulBos.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

Regarding the heat treating, I just did homework on BladeForum and found that a lot of knife makers and guys just wanting to send their blades for heat treatment send them to Paul Bos at Buck Knives(now Paul Farner is the POC and he responds to emails). .

I’ll be very interested to hear your experience.

Ken

Craig Davis
    Participant

I will let you know. However, there is the learning curve on my new toy before I send the blade off. I want to (at least start) to figure out the Wicked Edge sharpening system first.

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Hey Craig – Welcome to the forum, great to see you here! I did get some arms in Friday as expected so I got them dropped into your package tonight after getting back from the show and your complete PPII is on the way tomorrow :cheer:

Craig Davis
    Participant

Hey Craig – Welcome to the forum, great to see you here! I did get some arms in Friday as expected so I got them dropped into your package tonight after getting back from the show and your complete PPII is on the way tomorrow :cheer:

SAWEET! Looking forward to receiving this is an understatement!

Thanks for you excellent service too.

Craig Davis
    Participant

i AM SO STOKED ABOUT (possibly) RECEIVING MY NEW TOY TOMORROW… :woohoo:

I’ve got my cheapest knife at the ready!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.