Advanced Search

Hex key included with the pro pack II?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Hex key included with the pro pack II?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Skyler J Baker
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 16

I find doing micro adjustments warped my WE key pretty good, and its also pretty hard to tighten the knobs since they are so close to the base, would you consider including an L key with the pro pack 2?

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Microadjusts should only take a very light amount of torque to turn the screws. I’m concerned that you’ve got your locking screws cranked down way too tight. I’ve never heard of anyone torqueing their WE wrench out of shape. The setscrew for the microadjust should only be tightened enough to keep the microadjust from turning freely. Think of it as a brake, not a lock. Users place a soft, deformable pellet under to screw, so as to not damage the threads on the microadjust. I use a small bit of wire insulation. Others use lead shotgun pellets.

Skyler J Baker
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 16

I actually unscrewed the set screws entirely, seems like the micro adjust screws holes were a bit small, they work well now though. Still would be helpful to have an L key for the macro adjustment knobs though.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Their are two sizes of screw wrenches on your WEPS. The microadjusts and the Low Angle Adapter use 1/8″. All the others use 5/32″. You should be able to buy those at any hardware store. I bought one of each in screwdriver format online.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.