Advanced Search

Help! What supplies are in your case? (workstation)

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Help! What supplies are in your case? (workstation)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    hbhays13
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

LMAO.  Great Tip!!

M1rrorEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 222

If your mechanically inclined and like to take “things” apart and the most important part,  put them back together, you may consider a torx bit set (Down to T5,T6,T8 and up).  From time to time you may have to remove the scales of a knife to do some cleaning and simply may want to tighten down loose screws or change which side a “clip” is on the knife.  These will work on most knives however, sometimes you will find custom screws heads as well.  Example: would be Microtec knives.

Torx-Bit-Set

With the torx bit set maybe some blue Loctite (to be used sparingly)

Loctite

and a magnetic dish screw pan holder.  You don’t want to lose any screws once you have taken something apart.

Magnetic-Screw-Pan

I also like to use a washable microfiber cloth

Microfiber-Cloth

Cheers!

Eddie Kinlen
    M1rror Edge Sharpening Service, LLC
    +1(682)777-1622

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    M1rrorEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 222

Here is another series of 53 videos from TheApostleP which is exactly what you are looking for.  I follow him daily.   You can browse the different videos by “clicking” the drop down in the top left corner.  Just ignore the Edge Pro videos LOL (Just Kidding).  I have one of those too.  I think most of us have tried many different ways to make tools sharp.  The video I thought of to link was named  “TheApostleP Knives 101 Vol. 1 and2 : Basic Tools and Maintenance”, however, the playlist isn’t allowing me to link the specific video.

Eddie Kinlen
    M1rror Edge Sharpening Service, LLC
    +1(682)777-1622

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mac
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

Is this video of the precision angle sharpener posted by MirrorEdge still available?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.