Advanced Search

Having trouble getting my angles right

Recent Forums Wicked Edge GO Having trouble getting my angles right

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sam
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 3

When I set the angle on 15 degrees the right side turns out ok but the left side turns out to be 18 degrees how can if fix this?

Dwight Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 89

if you have an angle cube, and it works right. believe what it is telling you

Dwight Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 89

the clamping system with parallel-face jaws manual operated with an Allen key has one jaw bolted solid  and the other jaw moves to clamp. Because of this the knife will be off center in the vice. So adjust the main and micro adjustments on the angle rod to match the target angle you are looking for on the angle cube (or some angle finding device). Sam good luck.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Sam, the WEGO shares the same clamping characteristics and clamping difficulties as the WE100, and the WE120. There are a ton of posts all over this forum written on how to deal with these uneven clamping difficulties.  I invite you to do some reading and it will help you learn how to deal with this issue. A Digital Angle Cube is a necessary tool to set your angles correctly, as the scribed angles on the “WE GO” are only a guide and not intended to be used as an angle measuring device.

Read this thread and the blue links to help you with your issue.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.