Advanced Search

Happy Veteran’s Day!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Happy Veteran’s Day!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

My guess is that there’s a bunch of us knife nuts in this forum that, like myself, are veterans of this great country the United States of America.

Me – United States Navy. Any other US veterans here?

Here’s hoping you have a great day today on this important holiday!

Alan

Alan

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I’m not a veteran, but I am very grateful to the American and Canadian veterans that liberated our country 70 years ago. I never met them back then, but my parents did.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Thank you to all the men & women,both on and off the forum, who have served in our armed forces!

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Thanks to all who served. I’ve always looked on you as brothers.

Juneau: I too was Navy, from 6/62 through to 3/66. I served as an electronics tech on what was to be the last seaplane tender. ‘Nam was declared a combat zone while we were there (summers of ’64 and ’65). We were lucky to shoot without being shot at (coastal bombardment). Our planes monitored the coast all the was around to Cambodia. Mostly watching for surface and submarine traffic. A few came back with holes in them.

Mark: I have a close friend whose father was in the Dutch underground during the war. He recently went back to visit family and was excitedly asked “Cornelius, where did you hide the guns?”. He was apparently in charge of their weaponry as the war closed. He didn’t remember. He just moved to California to live with his daughter at age 93. He only recently gave up farming.

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Hey Tom M,

Thanks for your service.  You are a brother.

Alan

Alan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.