Advanced Search

Gen 111

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Gen 111

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Montana Edge
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 62

Those options will be very nice – and appreciated.

An option to not have the base would be great for existing users that have other options/systems already in place for stone handling. The added height of the storage base might throw some users off too. Just thinking out loud…

I plan to leave my Gen2 as-is and purchase a new Gen3 minus stones to take over on volume work.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Estimated price point(s)?
    1) Self-centering jaws (as upgrade)
    2) Gen III sharpener
    3) Gen III sharpener + storage base

Looks awesome, Clay!

At least for introductory pricing:

1) Self-centering jaws (as upgrade) – $169
    2) Gen III sharpener – $699 *includes the storage base

We’re looking into offering it both with and without the base. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to keep the pricing this low for long, but we’re going to try awfully hard…[/quote]

Awesome!

Despite the fact I’ve spent ~$700 over the past few months, I’d highly consider purchasing the Gen III sharpener by itself if that becomes an option… Until then, I guess I’ll just have to settle on the jaws alone 😉

Thanks again for the update!

JS
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 109

The jaw upgrade looks great and what I’d be interested in. How wide of a knife will it accommodate? Don’t need it but gotta have it. 🙂

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Clay, as far as feedback on it, are you wanting us to post here w/ thoughts, email you direct so you can fine tune it, or do a video to give ppl visuals?

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Do we use the same bolt that we have with the current system to attach the new jaws to the base?

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Clay,
    Some questions, Will the upgrade jaws when attached to existing WE system still fit in the WE case?
    Will the version without the storage stand also fit in the WE case?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Clay,
    Some questions, Will the upgrade jaws when attached to existing WE system still fit in the WE case?
    Will the version without the storage stand also fit in the WE case?

Good questions! I haven’t tested the upgrade jaws to see how they’d fit in the PPII case, but I think they’d be fine with a little tweaking to the foam because they work well in the F&S Pro case with a little bit of the foam cut away. I don’t know about the full Gen III Pro going into the box though I’ll check. I’m assuming that it will fit but require different foam.

-Clay

Glenn Fuqua
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

I wish I had only one week worth of patience :woohoo: I just received my Pro Pak 2 last week. This sure looks like a very well thought out improvement on the design. Oh well, I will enjoy what I have. I am well pleased with the Wicked Edge system but more so with the company’s continual quest to improve their product.!

wickededge
    Keymaster

I wish I had only one week worth of patience :woohoo: I just received my Pro Pak 2 last week. This sure looks like a very well thought out improvement on the design. Oh well, I will enjoy what I have. I am well pleased with the Wicked Edge system but more so with the company’s continual quest to improve their product.!

I’m glad you’re liking it. If you decide you really want the features of the new clamping system, it’s going to be available as an upgrade to your current system. You won’t be able to add the one-step angle setting but that’s the least important innovation of the Gen III.

-Clay

Bart LaMont
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 8

Is the $699 price tag with stones or without?

Montana Edge
    Participant
    • Replies: 62

That is the with-stones price – three sets I believe.

I was quoted $489 without the stones, with the base.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I’m glad you’re liking it. If you decide you really want the features of the new clamping system, it’s going to be available as an upgrade to your current system. You won’t be able to add the one-step angle setting but that’s the least important innovation of the Gen III.[/quote]

Believe it or not, that’s what I love best about the retrofit upgrade… individual control of the angles on each side 😀 I sharpen ALL SORTS of stuff and can’t be limited by dual angles that are always the same or only 4-5 dps angle adjustment between them. So this is great news!

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Clay……do we use the same bolt we have with our PP2 to attach the new jaws???

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

I’m also looking to purchase the Gen 3 sharpener without the tall aluminum base. I would like to see it available standalone, or with the paper or granite base options.

Alan

wickededge
    Keymaster

$699 with the 100#, 200#, 400#, 600#, 800# and 1000#. It’s an introductory price but I’m not sure when or if it will change.

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.