Advanced Search

Gen 111

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Gen 111

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Manny
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 15

After a few years with my gen 11 I decided to get the gen 111,I went to the east coast show this weekend and placed my order ,should see it in 3-4 weeks( can’t wait).. I’m by no means a pro at it just an average guy loving sharp knife. Clay and his wife are great people to deal with,and gave me some really good tips on how to make my sharpening even better.

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

They are selling Gen 3 at shows, but no mention on website as being available?

Manny
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 15

I think they haven’t had time to with the east coast show. They just started to take pre-orders.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

should see it in 3-4 weeks( can’t wait)/quote]

Has anyone who signed up for the Gen. III prototype pass-around received it yet?…

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey guys. We didn’t even have a prototype of the production design in our possession until the first morning of the show. Our machinist drove down from Vermont to meet us at the show and deliver the unit, so at the moment, it’s the only one in existence and it’s still not exactly what the final units will be. It’s missing the blue anodizing and has a bunch of extra holes that the production units won’t have. I’ll post pictures and a write up a little later today. We don’t have any graphics or photos yet to even put it up for sale on the website. Hopefully we’ll get all the images we need by the end of the week so we can list it. In the meantime, I’ll get photos of the prototype up so you guys can see what it looks like.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Has anyone who signed up for the Gen. III prototype pass-around received it yet?…

The prototype Gen III jaws went out on Friday, heading first to Brian in Hawaii along with the mailing list of where to send it next.

-Clay

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Sweet! Looking forward to the feed back! And trying it out!

Montana Edge
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 62

The prototype Gen III jaws went out on Friday, heading first to Brian in Hawaii along with the mailing list of where to send it next.[/quote]

so jealous…

Montana Edge
    Participant

Hey guys. We didn’t even have a prototype of the production design in our possession until the first morning of the show. Our machinist drove down from Vermont to meet us at the show and deliver the unit, so at the moment, it’s the only one in existence and it’s still not exactly what the final units will be. It’s missing the blue anodizing and has a bunch of extra holes that the production units won’t have. I’ll post pictures and a write up a little later today. We don’t have any graphics or photos yet to even put it up for sale on the website. Hopefully we’ll get all the images we need by the end of the week so we can list it. In the meantime, I’ll get photos of the prototype up so you guys can see what it looks like.[/quote]

You’ve got my preorder, simple as that.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Okay, here’s a very quick video showing the latest incarnation:

The video is pretty shaky, since I was just rushing to get it out to you guys. We’ll have better vids and images soon.

-Clay

Montana Edge
    Participant

Thanks for the teaser.

What is the calibration for the degree markings? i.e. how far above the tip of the vise is the knife edge so that the marked degrees are accurate?

Also, the arms look like they will still micro adjust so that you can use the cube to fine tune them dead equal… right?

Thanks again – this is an exciting new design.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks for the teaser.

What is the calibration for the degree markings? i.e. how far above the tip of the vice is the knife edge so that the marked degrees are accurate?

Also, the arms look like they will still micro adjust so that you can use the cube to fine tune them dead equal… right?

Thanks again – this is an exciting new design.

Good questions. The calibration is for 5/8″ above the tops of the jaws and the micro-adjust are present so you can still use the cubes for fine tuning.

-Clay

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Estimated price point(s)?
    1) Self-centering jaws (as upgrade)
    2) Gen III sharpener
    3) Gen III sharpener + storage base

Looks awesome, Clay!

Montana Edge
    Participant

Sounds good thanks. I remember you talking about your first iteration of the gen3 and wanting to expand the unit’s capability for DPS, high and low. Is the 14 to 26 dps range locked in, or do you have a surprise in the making? Not complaining, just curious. That range handles the vast majority of what the market is calling for.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Estimated price point(s)?
    1) Self-centering jaws (as upgrade)
    2) Gen III sharpener
    3) Gen III sharpener + storage base

Looks awesome, Clay!

At least for introductory pricing:

1) Self-centering jaws (as upgrade) – $169
    2) Gen III sharpener – $699 *includes the storage base

We’re looking into offering it both with and without the base. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to keep the pricing this low for long, but we’re going to try awfully hard…

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.