Advanced Search

Gardening Shears?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

Searched but didn’t find anything. Anyone sharpened shears w/the WEPS? The thought of doing my 10″ers to a razor edge makes me and by bushes happy 🙂 Pics of ultra sharp shears would be great!

I’m a Noob, so please inform if gardening shears are not applicable to this system, as I don’t see any info on them… or any probs w/that.

Thanks.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Searched but didn’t find anything. Anyone sharpened shears w/the WEPS? The thought of doing my 10″ers to a razor edge makes me and by bushes happy 🙂 Pics of ultra sharp shears would be great!

I’m a Noob, so please inform if gardening shears are not applicable to this system, as I don’t see any info on them… or any probs w/that.

Thanks.

JDS, do you have a picture of your shears that you can post?

-Clay

Jonny
    Participant

Just regular Home Depot shears, I have a few different brands, all about 10″. I’ll get pics up later after work. Thanks for the quick reply!

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Thanks.

I haven’t sharpened any on the WE, but you don’t want to sharpen scissors or shears to a high polish,,, they’ll actually cut worse. Scissors use the edge to grip the material being cut. Between a 320-600g finish works great.

cbw

Jonny
    Participant

That’s what I figured. Although brand new to this, I’ve been reading non-stop and kind of thought a “toothier” (hope I have terminology right) edge might be better for this type of blade and not a super polished edge.

Kind of hoping someone had done it so I could learn the “formula” and see the results. I’ll still get some pics of the blade because I’m still hoping I can get a gameplan, especially what grit to start with seeing as they are kinda’ rough.

Maybe I’ll start with the shears as my first project seeing no one has really done it… first sharpen & first to sharpen garden shears, lol. Killin’ two birds.

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

Try even a regular paper scissor.
    If you go high polish, then try to cut plastic .. slips right through.
    200 – 400 grit I find about right like cbw.

Jonny
    Participant

Here’s some pics of a couple different brands, pretty standard shears.

Thanks for the ballpark on the grits.

Any other advice for sharpening these bad dawgs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.