Advanced Search

FYI: Technical issues that auto-hide some Topics and Replies

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Forum Usability Notes and Requests FYI: Technical issues that auto-hide some Topics and Replies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

For some reason, some new Topics and Replies are automatically hidden (put in to a queue for moderators to review). We’re working to figure this out and fix it, and it appears that it’s a continuation of a problem from a couple of weeks ago, that we thought we had already fixed.

The common thread seems to be that the Topic or Reply contains a link. This doesn’t happen to all Topics or Replies that contain a link, which is making it tougher to figure out.

If you notice that something you posted hasn’t appeared, or has disappeared, please PM me.

In closing, just a couple of additional notes. One, whatever is happening is inadvertent; we’re not intentionally hiding members’ posts. Two, I’m guessing the problem is in one of our anti-spam measures. Without belaboring it, I’ll just say that unfortunately, these anti-spam measures are definitely needed, as (for whatever reason…) we are targeted by spammers (mainly Eastern Europe) every single day. Three, we have multiple people working to figure this out, not just me. I’m definitely frustrated that we haven’t fixed it yet.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

For some reason, some new Topics and Replies are automatically hidden (put in to a queue for moderators to review). We’re working to figure this out and fix it, and it appears that it’s a continuation of a problem from a couple of weeks ago, that we thought we had already fixed.

Chris, This latest episode the posts are making it to the forum.  These posts were posted and were read for some time before they became hidden.  It was not immediate although possibly automatic.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.