Advanced Search

Flat ground blade?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 13

I know for a fact I read a thread with tips on sharpening flat ground blades but I cant remember where for the life of me. I searched but didnt find what I was looking for.

Can someone point me to the thread OR give feedback on how best to sharpen mount flat ground blades in the jaws?

I finally used about 7 layers of blue painters tape on the very upper edge of the jaws. But I wonder if there is a better way to do it. I ended up getting pretty good results on my Strider SMF tanto. But it was still a little off.

Larry
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 44

The double sided sticky tape that is about a 1/16 thick seems to work good too.

Lucky

John Gilbert
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 10

I know for a fact I read a thread with tips on sharpening flat ground blades but I cant remember where for the life of me. I searched but didnt find what I was looking for.

Can someone point me to the thread OR give feedback on how best to sharpen mount flat ground blades in the jaws?

I finally used about 7 layers of blue painters tape on the very upper edge of the jaws. But I wonder if there is a better way to do it. I ended up getting pretty good results on my Strider SMF tanto. But it was still a little off.

Here you go:
    http://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78:can-the-wicked-edge-sharpen-fully-flat-ground-blades&catid=31:general&Itemid=46

Worked great on my SMF CC too!

Todd
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 13

Thank you sir…… Thats what I was looking for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.