Advanced Search

Day Three on a new experience

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Day Three on a new experience

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Fourth knife converted, such a big difference and getting the type of edges I always wanted.

The 1500/2200 stone and the 14/10um set arrived today. Filled the gap between the 1000 and ceramic stone in the pro pack 2.

the new stone will be lovely when broke in. The others are starting to feel smoother in use.

At great expense, I have a cardboard effect tool case for the stones etc.

Thankful for the forum, read lots of great info to help improve and solve questions.

Attachments:
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Hi Mark:  It’s great to hear that things are going well with you!  For about fifty years, I considered myself a fair-to-good knife sharpener, using flat oil (Arkansas) stones.  It seemed that every now and then, I’d run into a knife that just drove me nuts.  It took hours to get a arm-hair shaving edge, and when I finished, I wasn’t at all sure why it took so long.   Like you, I was able to exceed my expectations in immediately producing really sharp knives.  And after a few evenings on my WEPS, I thought I understood exactly what was going on and why I had struggled with those problem knives, but when I got my USB microscope, the lights finally came on for real.  You’re going to learn a lot about producing sharp edges, so hang on… It’s going to be a fun ride.

Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Thanks, I have a usb microscope somewhere, I used it sharpening my straight razors, then I bought a normal microscope which I preferred.

as you say sometimes a 10-15 times loop doesn’t show issues and the bigger magnification brings that clarity

now back to getting them rebel diamonds in line and stop them putting in deep scratches

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.