Advanced Search

CRKT Hissatsu folder

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos CRKT Hissatsu folder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 54

Been out of the loop for awhile, but still around.lol. My poor Hissatsu need some work, as I tend to be a littl rough on my knives. I tend to keep this one at 20 dps for more slicing. The blad steel is AUS-8.

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Nice, AUS-8 seems to really take a good mirror polish.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yup, looking good!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Looks great!

-Clay

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Beautiful job… I never realized the ambiance of a mirror edge, until I bought my Zero Tolerance tiger strip 350. The say ignorance is bliss, now I look at all my knives in a different light.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On a side note, on of my hobbies is wildlife photography. To the average person, ” depth of field ” is something unheard of for most people. Foe example: ever notice how those sports illustrated cover shots, jump right off the page….?  there is a reason for that, its called selective depth of field. where the photographer can choose a wide open lens like ( F/1.4 or f/1.8 or F/2.8 etc. ) this will blur out the background, putting emphasis on the subject.

Many people view this as a photo being out of focus, but its not.. its designed.  That out of focus area is called the Bokeh.  Maybe now you will see the difference now between a snapshot and a photograph….

this is the same thing as this mirror edge. Once you know its suppose to be there, you will look at knives in a different way.

here is a shot I took with my 400mm f/2.8 lens.  Note the blurred background ( Bokeh )… this isolated the ( flicker ) yellow shafted Northern flicker from the rest of the photo. I took this shot from 60 meters away. I saw the flicker land on the tree, but waited 45 minutes for it to spread its wings to show off its yellow shafts ( used to attract females ) Note the woodchips suspended in air due to a very fast shutter speed. 1/2000 sec.   You could never get a shot like this with your smartphone

I hope this stuff is appropriate here.. if not someone please tell me… I have 80,000 photographs stored securely on line. I have a photograph of almost anything we can discuss.

Bill aka ET

Anonymous
    Inactive

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Very nice, ET.  What’s your camera?

Anonymous
    Inactive

These are some of my cameras…I took this shot for a high end watch forum where members are also interested in photography. This is my digital stuff..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.