Advanced Search

Could you do videos on how to use attachments?

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Could you do videos on how to use attachments?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    doc
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 5

I was wondering could you do videos on scissors attachments, replacing the clamp with the 1/4 clamp,etc. I am the type who can not screw in a light bulb without 10 problems showing up. I bought your pro pack 3 and a bunch of stones and strops.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Molon Labe
    Participant
    • Topics: 0

I second this one.  I just received the Gen 3 Pro and all sorts of extra’s I am playing with.  I am branch manager for industrial sealing company with years of experience as a  machinist so I feel pretty comfortable mechanically, but I am not sure I really get the advanced Alignment guide.  At what point do you need K 14 for example.  Would be nice to know I am maximizing my investment.  Either way thanks I love the Wicked Edge!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    doc
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Interestet, (but without replacing the clamp) without the 1/4 clamp, etc. I’d really like t how knife clamping and sharpening goes in practice.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

doc
    Participant
    • Topics: 3

I have watched hours of videos from the site and you tube and have not found the answers.

Mark76
    Participant

Very good questions. I use stropping films until very fine and then only one or two strops (just as fine or finder than the finest lapping film).

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Will do, thanks for the suggestion!

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

I second this one. I just received the Gen 3 Pro and all sorts of extra’s I am playing with. I am branch manager for industrial sealing company with years of experience as a machinist so I feel pretty comfortable mechanically, but I am not sure I really get the advanced Alignment guide. At what point do you need K 14 for example. Would be nice to know I am maximizing my investment. Either way thanks I love the Wicked Edge!!

The Advanced Alignment Guide (AAG) allows you more options in adjusting your knife to find the optimal positioning (sweet spot). Using a marker, color in the bevel and watch how the stones track through the marker. You’re looking for a track that is equidistant from the edge along the whole length. What you don’t want is a track that starts close to the edge along the straight portion and then dips toward the shoulder through the belly toward the tip. You can move the knife back and forth in relation to the clamp to search for the Sweet Spot and you can also tilt the knife, usually moving the tip downward. With the AAG, once you find the Sweet Spot, even if the blade is tilted, you can easily index the location by identifying the location of the tip on the grid. With the stock Alignment Guide, you weren’t able to index any kind of tilted positioning.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

https://vimeo.com/214912181

-Clay

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant

It might be a good idea to post this under the resources, Clay.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster

It might be a good idea to post this under the resources, Clay.

We’re getting ready to revamp the resources, instructions and videos pages and we’ll be sure to include this. We’ll be putting the how-to videos on the product pages too.

-Clay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.