Advanced Search

Cool Idea – Strop Handles

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Cool Idea – Strop Handles

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Cool… When you said hover, I was thinking the indoor stuff – much smaller.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Very cool, guys! It seems I should take on a new hobby… I know we’re quite off-topic, but how do you control these things? The drone I gave to my nephew last year uses the 2.4 GHz band, but is limited to about 100 meters.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

–Hijack on–

I use 2.4G but there are many versions of this. For my larger birds–40″ wingspan and up I use a Futaba FASST and the range is about 3 miles. Which means the range is your vision..lol. you can not tell which way is what when your plane is that far away.
    For my foamys and park fliers I use 2.4 spread spektrum..not as well designed as the Futaba and more prone to lockouts if you are not careful but the small foamys and I know what I am doing so it is fine to use this cheaper version for them.

Just like Knife forums there are many RC forums.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php This is similar to say Blade forums..lots of fanbois and people talking out of their ass and lots of product marketing and such but there is some good information there and it is very PC and you really must politly view your bad thoughts about something..
    The Profile Brotherhood is where I hang out..a little more like a blend of Cliffs froum cliffstamp.com/knives/forum/index.php and the USN http://www.usualsuspect.net/forums People can say what they think and there is not much moderation and such and people will say what they think in what ever language they choose..lol..And there is more design related and building of airplanes and designs at the Profile Brotherhood.
    http://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com/forum/index.php?sid=4a631bf1af4ace17456a9a8407bc3534

All of my sales stem from the profile brotherhood forum. I do not advertise and mess around much in RC groups because it is a little more flakey group and too commercial for my tastes. I could sure sell a lot more if I did but I am already at my own capacity with just dealing with the Pro Bros..
    Hijack off..lol.. But if you guys are interested in RC shoot me a PM and I will give you my email and point you in some of the right directions. Building of kits is going away..Cheaper to buy an already built plane from China so it is not feasible for people to sell kits much anymore. I want my kid to be able to build kits if he wants..so I learned how to make them. I work with various designers for my kits and I sell what I like and want to fly so it works out..but it is a hell of a lot of work. I want to tone down a little on the RC side and make use of my cnc for some Knife stuff since I am very interested in knives right now. And it will push me to learn more of the 3D side of my Cad program.

— Hijack off–

I have the 4 densities of balsa in my garage now. I am excited to cut out some strops for the WE and get them to Clay for testing. I think he will be amazed and the range of difference between the different balsa densities. I really hope the results are good because I like the feel of the balsa strops better than leather for some reason. Everyone has their preference I guess!

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Do you want duplicates of the sets to play with different strop pastes or just leave that variable to a single paste?

I think that in order to keep it simple, just one pair of each density and I’ll use the same paste with all. Then I’ll post pictures :)[/quote]

Clay I know you’ve been busy but still interested on your thoughts/pics on this!

I know I have enjoyed mine so much i am going exclusively to them in both the light and heavy grades.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Do you want duplicates of the sets to play with different strop pastes or just leave that variable to a single paste?

I think that in order to keep it simple, just one pair of each density and I’ll use the same paste with all. Then I’ll post pictures :)[/quote]

Clay I know you’ve been busy but still interested on your thoughts/pics on this!

I know I have enjoyed mine so much i am going exclusively to them in both the light and heavy grades.[/quote]

It’s definitely on my mind though we’re swamped right now with the move and the Kickstarter campaign plus the development of some new goodies. As soon as I can carve away a little time I’ll work on it.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I know I have enjoyed mine so much i am going exclusively to them in both the light and heavy grades.[/quote]

It’s definitely on my mind though we’re swamped right now with the move and the Kickstarter campaign plus the development of some new goodies. As soon as I can carve away a little time I’ll work on it.[/quote]

No rush Clay! I was just curious. I Know what it feels like to be torn in a million different directions!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.