Advanced Search

Cleaver Fever: Angle Wider than WE Limit

Recent Forums Main Forum Cleaver Fever: Angle Wider than WE Limit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fergon1
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Hi All,

Got my WE Gen 3 last Xmas and have been enjoying it ever since. This forum has also been fun and informative and have learned a lot – even purchased some of the mod items offered by a couple of forum members.

Right now I am trying to sharpen one of my cleavers, and have met my match. I think my only solution at this time is to reprofile, but I would like to share my experience for feedback. In a nutshell, it looks like the edge angle is wider than what my WE will allow. According to Dalstrong the manufacture, the factory edge should be between 14 and 16 degrees. Based on my testing, I believe it is well beyond 20 degrees. The latter angle is the maximum I can get because the cleaver is so tall. I have included images below. If there is a way around this, please help. Thanks to all.

Attachments:
    Readheads
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 308

I wonder if you could get longer rods and then put a bend in them down low so that you still have sufficient length for stone movement. Not sure if this would affect the angle geometry across the entire edge though.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dwight Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 89

Try taking the threaded rod out of the L-Bracket and putting it back in the L-Bracket the other way. You know with the “Universal Joint and angle rod on the out side.

You might have to remove the L-Bracket to do this.

Move the handle all the way to the right, to 27 degrees, if you need to get to the bolt that holds the L-Bracket on.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Fergon1
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Gentlemen, thank you for your creative suggestions. I will follow-up on how I handle this one.

Be Safe!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.