Advanced Search

Clamping Issue For Oddball Blades ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Just received a boot dagger made by Frost Cutlery from a customer to sharpen, and wanted some input on how to best set it up in the clamp ? This blade is double edged, with a ridge or spine running the length of the middle of the blade, so I know it will have to be mounted shallow, but not sure if I should add some blue painters tape to build up half of the blade for clamping, or what ? Any suggestions / comments will be most appreciated, thanks y’all.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

You can just clamp it at the heel, as in this post, there’s not enough change from the belly of the tip to require a lot of adjustment. If you need to adjust, you can just tilt the knife as needed, to make any adjustments. (But you probably won’t need to.)

(p.s. All the crazy grind marks on my dagger picture is from years of sharpening abuse, not the WE). 🙂

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

Thanks Curtis, much appreciated…………..I’ll give that a try and then post a pic when done. 😉

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

BTW…………..What is the deal with the Karma ratings on subscribers ? Just curious………….

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

BTW…………..What is the deal with the Karma ratings on subscribers ? Just curious………….

It’s just a forum feature… you can give “karma” to someone who provides helpful information (or whatever reason you want). 🙂 It was sort of in the spotlight for a while, so it was used more, but I think it’s overlooked, so maybe why it’s not used as much now?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.