Advanced Search

Ceramic Stones/Updated Grit Chart

Recent Forums Main Forum Ceramic Stones/Updated Grit Chart

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

That is great and thank you for sharing. Are you going to incorporate the 1500 diamond, 1.4/0.6 ceramics? Lapping Films?

<!–more–>That is from the up and coming new version of the WE website that Clay has been working on ( not my work). I would assume that Clay will eventually fill in the chart with the rest of their abrasives, but I don’t claim to have any inside knowledge.

Yes, we’re wanting to completely redo the grit chart to show both the manufacture’s stated grit along with a scratch comparison to show the effect of each abrasive. That way it should make more sense why it actually works to use a coarser strop than the stone you just finished with etc…

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

That is great and thank you for sharing. Are you going to incorporate the 1500 diamond, 1.4/0.6 ceramics? Lapping Films?

<!–more–>That is from the up and coming new version of the WE website that Clay has been working on ( not my work). I would assume that Clay will eventually fill in the chart with the rest of their abrasives, but I don’t claim to have any inside knowledge.

Yes, we’re wanting to completely redo the grit chart to show both the manufacture’s stated grit along with a scratch comparison to show the effect of each abrasive. That way it should make more sense why it actually works to use a coarser strop than the stone you just finished with etc…

-Clay

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Rich
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 51

That will be fantastic!  I look forward to the complete updated chart being rolled out!  It will really help to understand both scratch size as well as why going backwards in micron size from one media to another makes sense.

Thank you again!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.