Advanced Search

Broadhead Sharpening Jig

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Broadhead Sharpening Jig

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CJB
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Guys</p>
    Has anyone got any tips for sharpening twin bladebroadheads.

CJB
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>No bow hunters then?</p>

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

You might have to wait until one happens to check in.  There’s a limited number of us who check the forum daily, but there’s quite a few who stop by every now and then.  I really expect Clay Allison to chime in on this one.  I’m sure he’s done it.

Not being a bow hunter myself and assuming you’ve already failed at clamping in the base vise, I would think that you’d be able to clamp most fixed, two-bladed heads in the Low Angle Adapter – maybe with the point of the blade extended off to the forward side, depending on the shape of the blade.  You’d only need to clamp at the very back of the lower edge.  This would expose all or nearly all of the upper blade for sharpening.

Edit:  Understand that the Low Angle Adapter as supplied (unless they’ve since modified the design), will not fit in a Gen 3 vise, which is a little wider.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey CJB,

Which brand of broadheads are you trying to sharpen? I’ve had some pretty good success with a few models. If you can post a picture, that would be even better. Re the low angle adapter, it has been redesigned to fit the G3 vise.

-Clay

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Hey CJB:  It’s early on Dec 31st here, so Happy New Year down there in Aussieland!!

CJB
    Participant

Hi Gents

I ended up making a clamp with a tapered edge.

See prototype No.1

20160105_183418

20160105_183407

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.