Advanced Search

Base

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Guess I’ll be trying it out…

:S 🙂

Attachments:
    Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Curtis,

What are the screws on your primary angle adjust? Do they allow the use of a hex key. Mine look the same size, but solid black, no silver part in the middle.

cbwx34
    Participant

Yea, I think they were some Clay was trying out, and I somehow got ahold of them. You can use the hex key in them… I’ve never needed to though.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Oh great Curtis, Once you start you’re never gonna wanna go back to the “plain old base” that came with your WE! lol. I love tilting mine (after I have set my angle) towards me about 20* or so, lets me see the edge a WHOLE lot better.

cbwx34
    Participant

Little update…

Still using it, so I guess I still like it. 🙂 About the only thing I added, I taped a ruler on the back to hold the arms/stones up… makes it easier to change, and if I set the stones down, they don’t slide off. (Doesn’t have to be a ruler, just what I had handy).

I haven’t had issues with the Angle Gauge, but haven’t used it during sharpening, just at the beginning to set the angle. Seems to match well, with what I’ve recorded previously.

Don’t misinterpret this to mean it’s better than a base, just an alternative depending on your needs, or if you’re like me, something else to play with.

I have one of these Panavise bases…

It’s a pretty simple mod to make… if you already have the vise, it’s only a few dollars in screws and aluminum. Switching back would take about 2 minutes (and you could probably sell the parts.) 🙂

Attachments:
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

In my contest video I am planning on showing all of the various ways you can use the panavise mod 🙂 it should be interesting!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.