Advanced Search

Am I Sick?

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Am I Sick?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mjcollier
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 36

Because when I sit a freshly (Wicked Edge) sharpened chef’s knife on a ripe tomato it slices through with only gravity pushing on the knife. It’s a beautiful thing and truly makes my day.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    John
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

I would say yes you are. It takes one to know one. 

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

It sounds like your thoroughly enjoying your hobby. But you could always look up OCD In the DSM-5 ?.

I suffer from the same: https://moleculepolishing.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/will-a-knife-with-a-polished-edge-cut-a-tomato/

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Because when I sit a freshly (Wicked Edge) sharpened chef’s knife on a ripe tomato it slices through with only gravity pushing on the knife. It’s a beautiful thing and truly makes my day.

Yep.  I’m afraid you’re about as sick as the rest of us. 

Alan

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I too suspect you have the sickness.  People who have been perfectly normal for their entire lifetime are known to become obsessive-compulsive sharpeners when they see what can be achieved with the WEPS.  Any practicing psychiatrist can treat this with any of a number of common meds, but the question is: Why would you want to?

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

The good news is…there’s help, The bad news is…we are it.

Or at least that’s what they told me when I joined a few years ago now.  Come to think of it, I never seemed to have gotten better, just sharper  n sharper knives.  Cant count how many times Ive said “Sharpest Knife EVER!” lmao

Mjcollier
    Participant

This is good stuff. We sickos are a rare breed. It’s great to have a place to come and visit others with the same affliction. This is kind of like a leprosy colony for people with sharpening addictions.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

First, a very happy Indepence Day to all our good friends in the UK!  And, as John Cleese would say “And now, for something completely different….”

Today, I was gifted a photo in which I thought you all would find enjoyment:https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-7FmzKJ2/0/O/IMG_1206.jpg

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mjcollier
    Participant

That’s awesome. I showed this to the wife and she wasn’t as excited about it as I was.

378pete
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 19

That’s awesome. I showed this to the wife and she wasn’t as excited about it as I was.

The problem is, it wasn’t a new pair of shoes or a new handbag.

dulledge
    Participant
    • Replies: 183

For how long does it stay that sharp if it is used by your wife for daily kitchen routine tasks? What is your progression for resharpening? Thank you!

Mjcollier
    Participant

Now it stays sharp a good amount of time time. Of course I needed to sell my wife on not putting them in the sink or dishwasher, EVER. These are just basic kitchen knives nothing special probably 420 hc so they will not hold an edge forever but touch up very quickly.

I went from 100 – 1000 diamonds then 1200-1600 ceramics. From 800 till 1600 I go fairly lightly. I think it gives a sharper edge. I didn’t bother stropping and don’t think I ever will for these knives.

Hapslappy
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 30

I’m just thankful that I don’t suffer from OCDOCDOCDOCDOCDOCDOCDOCDOCDOCDOCDOCD

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

In that case I’m sick, too .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Tactical Texture LLC
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 21

Yes you are.

This isn’t just a forum… It’s a support group!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.