Advanced Search

2015 Shot Show

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Shows 2015 Shot Show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

This year’s Shot Show was awesome! We spent a very busy week sharpening knives and meeting new friends, signing new dealers. Here’s a shot of the action:

Attachments:

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Here’s a little video teasing the new Gen III Pro sharpener:

-Clay

Mr.Wizard
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 190

On the Gen III Pro is there a way to set one side to a different angle from the other or are they always locked together?

Does it work well with the low angle adapter?

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Here’s a little video teasing the new Gen III Pro sharpener:

You’re right…. that is teasing…..

Looks great, Clay.

Very nice implementation….

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

wickededge
    Keymaster

Here’s a nice highlight video from the show:

-Clay

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Great Video. I love the faces and expressions people make after feeling the edge of a sharp knife right off the WE. 😆

How many knives do you think you sharpened during the show? Tons I bet!

Thanks for sharing!

wickededge
    Keymaster

Great Video. I love the faces and expressions people make after feeling the edge of a sharp knife right off the WE. 😆

How many knives do you think you sharpened during the show? Tons I bet!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. It is fun to see people interacting and reacting around the sharpeners. It’s also fun to see the crew totally into what they’re doing. We probably did 300-400 knives throughout the show.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Awesome video thanks!

Man… that’s a bunch of knives! How long on average does it take you guys/knife?

Also, what do you do when you have a knife that is a “trouble maker” like some emersons or something that the angle is greater than the WEPS will go?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Awesome video thanks!

Man… that’s a bunch of knives! How long on average does it take you guys/knife?

Also, what do you do when you have a knife that is a “trouble maker” like some emersons or something that the angle is greater than the WEPS will go?

Thanks Josh. We usually spend about 10-15 minutes per knife. We had an Emerson that gave us fits at the show. It was a zero/chisel grind with chips in the edge. Normally Emersons don’t give me too much trouble though, with the PPII, I find I can get the angle pretty easily. Sometimes I have to lower the knife in the clamp below the bottom holes but usually not.

-Clay

blacksheep25
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 68

Thanks Josh. We usually spend about 10-15 minutes per knife. We had an Emerson that gave us fits at the show. It was a zero/chisel grind with chips in the edge. Normally Emersons don’t give me too much trouble though, with the PPII, I find I can get the angle pretty easily. Sometimes I have to lower the knife in the clamp below the bottom holes but usually not.

Clay, just curious on this Zero Grind, did you resharpen it in true ZG fashion, e.g. matched the existing primary grind? I can total see that being a huge pain in the butt!!

Pat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 114

Just for clarification, I have never seen, unless it was a custom EKI, a true zero grind Emerson…they usually are chisel grinds with a flat side, and a ground side with a secondary bevel.

I would venture to say that a true zero grind would have both blade sides ground to the very edge, not just one side as with most Emersons.

I would think this distinction would be important for those trying to understand how the WE could handle it. I may be over complicating matters though.

blacksheep25
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 68

Just for clarification, I have never seen, unless it was a custom EKI, a true zero grind Emerson…they usually are chisel grinds with a flat side, and a ground side with a secondary bevel.

I would venture to say that a true zero grind would have both blade sides ground to the very edge, not just one side as with most Emersons.

I would think this distinction would be important for those trying to understand how the WE could handle it. I may be over complicating matters though.

There are true zero grind Emerson Customs (I don’t have any); all the production CQC-7s are not true ZG. but I do have a true ZG Strider/Duane Dwyer Custom GB, that ZG edge cuts like a laser!

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

To my knowledge you are correct and it is good you pointed this out. It could possibly lead to confusion by others reading that are new to that type of knife =) A true zero means there is no secondary bevel… here is a 13 that I just got done zero grinding last night (in other words, there was no secondary final bevel put on by my wicked edge).

Pat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 114

Now that’s a wicked edge!

wickededge
    Keymaster

The Emerson I sharpened at the show was a custom knife and was a true zero grind on the beveled side, no secondary bevel at all and was completely flat on the back side.

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.