Advanced Search

Wow, First Post?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Wow, First Post?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan McCoy
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

I’ve had my Wicked Edge for almost a year and have been reading this forum a ton. I haven’t had much to add so I have just been soaking it all in. I just posted a question and saw that it was my first post. WOW! I really thought I had posted something before. I guess not.

I’ve been into knives since I can remember. I actually get it from my mom. She bought an expensive knife set when she turned 18 and got married (~1960). Her parents threw a fit at her “reckless spending” but she kept the set. She still has it today and it is still in great shape. I learned all the things NOT to do with good knives from her. Once I got fairly good with the Wicked Edge, she finally let me sharpen her set.

Over the years I have tried various sharpening techniques but I finally splurged and got the best. It suits my overly analytical, striving for perfection mind.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this sharpening system and forum. It is a great community and source of information.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

I’ve had my Wicked Edge for almost a year and have been reading this forum a ton. I haven’t had much to add so I have just been soaking it all in.

It’s awesome that you’ve been creeping for nearly a year now. Jk.

In all seriousness though, don’t be shy or think you have nothing to add. Because you do! So don’t be intimidated, or think what’s on your mind is of no importance, or that it holds no weight. Everyone on this forum, whether or not they spent $100k in higher education for the right to put an abbreviated profession before their name, all has stood corrected at some point and will do so again in the future. Regardless…not a single one of us can claim to be the One who summons the sun from its sleep or has the earth seek their council on how fast to spin as hangs over darkness, poised to fall.

Stay with us please 🙂

Dan McCoy
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Thanks for the welcome. Some people are talkers and some people are listeners. I tend toward the latter.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Thanks for the welcome. Some people are talkers and some people are listeners. I tend toward the latter.

You’re a wiser man than I am.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining! Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions, people are more than willing here to help each other.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.