Advanced Search

Woo Hoo!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Woo Hoo!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Meeks
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 17

Been lurking for some time after finding the Wicked Edge over a year ago. Wanted to order last year but just couldn’t part with the dough at the time. So I finally am able to order and everything’s on back-order! Crikey! I went ahead and placed my order and finally got the email today that my Pro Pack has shipped!

Can’t wait till it gets here!

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Congrats, and welcome! It’ll be worth the wait. Post how that first sharpening goes!

cbw

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Couldn’t say it better than cbw. Welcome! And don’t hesitate to ask any questions.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Thomas Meeks
    Participant

Thanks Folks!

I will. I was actually thinking of filming my first or second sharpening, but the video would be WAY too long i’m sure.

I’m also sure I will have more questions after getting started. My kit has shipped but I also ordered the superfine ceramic stone set which are on backorder.

So I’ll have to start off with practicing and getting used to using the stones, which I’m sure is a good idea anyway.

One of my initial reasons for looking for a sharpening system was to get my kitchen knives a good edge. This was how I found WE, but I mostly see folks sharpening folders, hunting knives etc.

I will probably start with trying to sharpen my Santoku (sp?) kitchen knife.

Jamie Baldwin
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 31

WELCOME THOMAS !! Glad you found your way here. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgable peeps here. Make yourself at home and take time to read the posts, they’re full of helpfull info.
    You’ll enjoy the W.E. and sharpen everything in the kitchen :woohoo: …at least twice!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Hi Tom
    It is good to see yet another new sharpener aboard the WEPS ship. You will soon use one of the finest sharpening tools available and, to boot, it is not a static rig like most others. Clay listens to WEPS owners and folks here on the Forum and he reacts, extrapolates on ideas and makes changes. One might follow the history of the new arms that will soon be available…all that started with suggestions and ideas from the guys here. Clay picked up on what they were experiencing with the old arms and their ideas for improved ones and after many visits with his machinist, voila, the new improved arms that will knock your socks off.
    Everyone here is helpful and good advice flows each day. You are so welcome here mate and I know your experience with the WEPS will be a very happy one. I look forward to hearing how your skill with this sharpener grows.

All the very best
    Leo

Mathew Whaley
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 22

Out of curiosity, what date did you order your pro pack? I ordered on the 8th and have yet to receive an email, just wondering when I’ll finally get mine 😛

Also sorry to jack this thread with my own first post 🙂

Thomas Meeks
    Participant

Deputy115 and leomitch,
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Can’t wait to get started!

MatthewWhaley, I ordered on Apr 13. I guess patience is the name of the game when on backorder.

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Been lurking for some time after finding the Wicked Edge over a year ago. Wanted to order last year but just couldn’t part with the dough at the time. So I finally am able to order and everything’s on back-order! Crikey! I went ahead and placed my order and finally got the email today that my Pro Pack has shipped!

Can’t wait till it gets here!

Glad you came out of the shadows! Welcome aboard the forum and to your Wicked Edge

Also sorry to jack this thread with my own first post

Welcome! Glad to have more new people contributing!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.