Advanced Search

Wind Mill Knives today – nice tickets – fare

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Wind Mill Knives today – nice tickets – fare

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

B)…..East beach fare was pretty good as expected today.

Started slow with one pair of meager scissors, but improved after those.

8” Wusthof was next, large hedge trimmer, then a family of Robert Herder’s and we end with 8” henckels and 5”something ticket.

Dollar an inch – I like it.

See you for surfchurch knife gig – vb market – good luck to everyone.

Vid is like 5 mins.

Attachments:
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Good diversity of things to sharpen I like the Robert Herder Carbon knives I bet they took a good edge.

Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

That seems like a very nice day indeed.

I also got a group of 4 carbon steel knives in yesterday. Not only were the edges in bad shape but the blade surfaces were a bit rusted. I taped some cardboard in place and applied some polishing grit to it and just rubbed those blades flat to regain some respectability.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

One easy method to clean off carbon steel knives is with Ajax which is an abrasive powder cleaner wet a cork then then put plenty of the product onto the end of the cork and then work on the blade with the cork in a circular motion it is also good for cleaning off the ceramic stones it works well and it saves cutting your fingers on th edge .

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Good diversity of things to sharpen I like the Robert Herder Carbon knives I bet they took a good edge.

Absolutely! They are a joy to sharpen.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

One easy method to clean off carbon steel knives is with Ajax which is an abrasive powder cleaner wet a cork then then put plenty of the product onto the end of the cork and then work on the blade with the cork in a circular motion it is also good for cleaning off the ceramic stones it works well and it saves cutting your fingers on th edge .

If you can find “Bar Keepers Friend” in your part of the world it is a lot better then Ajax. Just a fyi?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.