Advanced Search

Wicked Edge User's Map – Worldwide

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Wicked Edge User's Map – Worldwide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Someone did this years ago, but no longer monitors it I do not believe. I am planning on sticking around for a while (Lord willing ;)) so I wanted to set this up. I don’t mind monitoring this.

Clay just posted up a thread looking for someone sharpening in the UK… this map, if done properly, should function perfectly in this regard and for a way for WEPS users world wide to communicate w/ each other.

So here are the instructions, remember, if you are one of those that likes to keep your personal info off of the web then you need to limit what you post up but a forum, username, and email would be needed if possible so others have a way to contact you.

Inistructions:

If you ONLY want to see entries, click here.

If you want to see entries AND add your own, click here.

1. Upper left you will see where it says “Additions”, move your mouse over that and click on “Add Marker – Detailed”.
    2. Fill in as much info as you want to, but don’t forget the tabs at the top of this pop up window. Minimum you need to fill in your ‘Entry Name’, location, forum/username, and email address (by going to the ‘Details’ tab and filling in the forum you are from and username).  Note: for your location you can click on the link that says ‘Map Select a Location’ – when you do this you will have to move the pop up window you have been filling out out of the way and click on the map, this will enter your latitude and longitude in the pop up window.
    3. Hit ‘Submit’ – this will bring up a pop up window that tells you to copy the URL they provide in case you want to edit in the future. Copy and email it to yourself so you don’t lose it. If you do let me know and I will delete your old entry and allow you to make a new one.
    4. Click ‘Close’ and you are done!

Let me know if you have any questions =)

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Thanks, Josh! Also thanks for monitoring, since I think the old WE user map got lost due to… well, lack of monitoring.

I’m the second one on the map :).

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Thanks Josh. I just added myself.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant

Thanks guys. I am going to post up on bladeforums and anyone can feel free to post it up wherever they visit =)

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Added and thanks Josh! 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant

Added and thanks Josh! :)

Thanks Cliff! Where you been at lately anyway? Was just wondering that earlier today! Busy sharpening over the holidays 😉

Edwe
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11

Some off but whatta heck

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Ya been a bit busy in between regular knife sharpenings with family in town visiting for the Holidays, home repairs, etc…I have been working on a little something not quite ready to show off but heres a teaser 🙂

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Thanks Cliff! Where you been at lately anyway? Was just wondering that earlier today! Busy sharpening over the holidays ?

Josh,

Thanks for taking this on.. I’ve added my home in Washington but am going to be spending significant time outside San Diego.  Can I post two locations?

For Now,

Gib

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Josh
    Participant

Ya been a bit busy in between regular knife sharpenings with family in town visiting for the Holidays, home repairs, etc…I have been working on a little something not quite ready to show off but heres a teaser :) 

Ahhh a jig for grinding primary bevels huh?! Nice. Oh, how did your father like his knife you made him?

Josh, Thanks for taking this on.. I’ve added my home in Washington but am going to be spending significant time outside San Diego. Can I post two locations? For Now, Gib

Certainly!!

James Bare
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 20

I added my name to the map, always interesting to see where us knife sharpening fanatics live

Josh
    Participant

Good stuff, thanks James!

Martin Hainsworth
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 7

Done, my location is just to my town. I don’t live in a castle (where i have placed the marker! )

M1rrorEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 222

Cool Idea,  needed a refresh.

Eddie Kinlen
    M1rror Edge Sharpening Service, LLC
    +1(682)777-1622

Mjcollier
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 36

I can’t weight to get my sharpener so I can plant my flag. Although, it won’t be planted in as interesting of a place as Hawaii or Qatar.

RazorEdgeKnives do you spend any time in Darlington?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.